Modelling at 80% scale

Started by Rheged, October 04, 2022, 08:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Nick

These are known as the Mk 26 Spitfires. The 90% versions are Mk 26b and the 75% scale ones are Mk 25.

perttime

Or ....

3/4 scale P-51D: https://www.thundermustang.com/

I recently saw a video of a 75 or 80 percent Fw 190. It seemed to be powered by the Vedeneyev M14P radial.

PR19_Kit

At least the baby Mustang has proper V12 engine  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

and at least the new underscale Spitfire does not have a flaat Lycoming engine spoiling the looks, but it still does not soumd right.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

They had that on the Six O'clock news last night. It looked the business, even if it didn't sound like it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Flyer

There was (possibly still is) an Australian company that was selling kit's and factory built reduced scale Spitfire replica's. They look good but there was something about them that to me just seemed a bit off, besides the size and sound that is...

The Thunder Mustang is the most accurate in shape P-51 to my eye.

One I seen on YouTube the other week that looked very convincing if you ignored the sound was a reduced scale replica Yak-3, even had a geared down motor to swing a scale size prop, that is something that is lacking on almost all reduced scale replicas I've seen.
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

perttime

This must be the 75 or 80% Fw 190 that I mentioned:

A Vedeneyev M14P radial for power.

perttime

DogfighterZen

I'd love to have one of those Spitfires or Mustangs... i'm a small guy so i'd probably be in scale for the 80% look. ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

perttime

If you don't necessarily have to fly IN it, this guy produces "short kits" for warbirds at a few scales between 1/5 ands 1/2. He provides laser cut wooden formers etc. or some composite parts, and you provide strip and sheet wood, and hardware. Finishing is up to you, too.

https://www.fokkerc.com/

jcf

The Spitfire has an Isuzu V6 based DOHC engine, they also developed a version of the GM LS2
pushrod V8 for their kit.

kerick

Quote from: perttime on October 04, 2022, 12:12:28 PMOr ....

IF I ever had one of these I would have to paint it up like an A-36 Apache Allison engine version as they had three blades props. Gotta look the part!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

No sech thing as an Apache;)  :wacko:

The only name officially applied to any variations of the P-51 was Mustang.

NAA wanted to use the name Invader for the A-36 but they were turned down.

perttime

Quote from: kerick on October 07, 2022, 06:38:19 PM
Quote from: perttime on October 04, 2022, 12:12:28 PMOr ....

(   )

IF I ever had one of these I would have to paint it up like an A-36 Apache Allison engine version as they had three blades props. Gotta look the part!
Looks like there's a Thunder Mustang kit for sale, and it comes with a four blade prop.

For less than USD 300,000 the kit could be yours.