Main Menu

Logistics GB Rules

Started by NARSES2, September 29, 2022, 06:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

The rules for the Logistics GB will be published for discussion in the next couple of days, but it will run from 1st November through to 31st January. Your moderators will be TomZ and Kitbasher, thankyou gentlemen.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Looking forward to the scope of this GB - I hope that a rather unusual project I have in mind might be eligible for it. :D

kitbasher

Dear all,

The Mods and The Global Moderator have deliberated and present to you the Logistics GB rules as follows:

1.  The Logistics GB begins 00:01 Tuesday 1 November 2022 and ends 23:59 Tuesday 31 January 2023 (all times local).  An extension may/may not be considered/granted according to demand, Santa's generosity (or lack of it) and/or pecuniary overtures.

2.  Physical models of any scale, profiles, and/or stories are eligible, but they must be whiffery.  Entries can be as simple or as complex as you wish.  Just so you know what's in scope, logistics = transport/warehousing/storage and can be defined as follows:
'Logistics is the process of planning and executing the efficient transportation and storage of goods from the point of origin to the point of consumption. The goal of logistics is to meet customer requirements in a timely, cost-effective manner.  Originally, logistics played the vital role of moving military personnel, equipment and goods. While logistics is as important as ever in the military, the term today is more commonly used in the context of moving commercial goods within the supply chain.' (https://www.techtarget.com/searcherp/definition/logistics)
So, any means or mode of transportation/logistics (sea, air, land, space) and associated storage (buildings, containers, shelves (!), whether designed or modified for the role is in scope.  NOTE: only in the military context does logistics include the transport of personnel.  Military transports are therefore within the scope of the GB; however in a civilian context, pure passenger-carrying means of transport are NOT within the GB's scope.  If in doubt as to what's in scope then please PM the Mods.

3.  You may build, draw or write as many entries as you like (good luck!).  The posting of in-progress pictures is encouraged as always.  Back stories - however long or short - supporting physical models and profiles are always welcome and can be included in the finished entry thread.

4.  Preparation work is allowed prior to the start of the GB but is limited to removal and cleaning up of parts from sprues, casting blocks or cutting out vacform parts from their backing sheet, even designing and printing your own decals.  Anything involving modification of parts, test fitting, pre-painting and actual assembly is not allowed prior to the start of the GB.

5.  Eligibility of part-started models will be considered by the moderators. You should send a PM to them, explaining what you have done (pictures are a great help if you can include them) and they will decide, their decision being final.  However, scrapped models that have been reduced to component parts or sections may be allowed by the Moderators.

6.  No rule 6 - is there ever a rule 6? It's one rule or another so from now on it's 6.

7.  Moderators are Tom_Z and Kitbasher. Thank you, gentlemen.

8.  The completed entries thread will be locked at the end of the GB and shortly afterwards the poll will be set up.  The number of votes per forum member will depend upon the number of entries.  Keep your eyes out for updates!

9.  As decided previously by the Membership the first three placed entries in the Group Build will automatically be nominated for a Whiffy in a new, specific Group Build Class.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

sandiego89

I like the rules. 

Victim has awaited in the stash for years. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

zenrat

8a.  Only entries posted in the finished builds thread BEFORE the close of the GB will be entered in the poll.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 29, 2022, 07:40:14 AMLooking forward to the scope of this GB - I hope that a rather unusual project I have in mind might be eligible for it. :D

Hmm, it does not seem to match the GB's confines.  :rolleyes:

kitbasher

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 02, 2022, 07:40:19 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 29, 2022, 07:40:14 AMLooking forward to the scope of this GB - I hope that a rather unusual project I have in mind might be eligible for it. :D

Please do contact the Mods if you need clarification, Dizzy.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Pellson

I would like to object to the words "efficient", "timely" and "cost-effective" as used in paragraph no 2 in the rules above, as these, if interpreted even with limited strictness, may seriously impede the whif potential in an almost indefinite number of possibly amazing project ideas.  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kitbasher

What's the key word in the second sentence of the quoted definition, then?

TomZ

Guys,

The rules state that the aim is to be efficient, timely, etc. It doesn't state that you have to be good at it.
It is an objective definition of logistics and logistics is what this group build is about.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Pellson

Gentlemen!
The smiley in my message was intended to indicate a certain, not unimportant, degree of tongue-in-cheekiness. While a lawyer's approach to the rules probably would prove my objections being valid, so far, I haven't seen any GB arbiters acting with anything but humour and flexibility, and I can't say I harbour any substantial fears that this will be any different.
I never intended to aggravate anyone. Please accept my unconditional excuses if I failed in this.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Captain Canada

This GB sounds interesting. I have recently started ready a book on the Royal Canadian Ordnance Corps. A little dry but interesting nonetheless !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Quote from: Pellson on October 02, 2022, 12:16:08 PMGentlemen!
The smiley in my message was intended to indicate a certain, not unimportant, degree of tongue-in-cheekiness. While a lawyer's approach to the rules probably would prove my objections being valid, so far, I haven't seen any GB arbiters acting with anything but humour and flexibility, and I can't say I harbour any substantial fears that this will be any different.
I never intended to aggravate anyone. Please accept my unconditional excuses if I failed in this.

No offence taken, Mr P, apologies unnecessary - my response was written with Chandler Bing's voice ringing in my head!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: kitbasher on October 02, 2022, 08:28:36 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 02, 2022, 07:40:19 AM

Please do contact the Mods if you need clarification, Dizzy.

PM sent.  :rolleyes:

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on October 02, 2022, 12:16:08 PMGentlemen!

I understood where you were coming from, perhaps because I tend to inhabit a similar place most of the time  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.