Super Tomcat 21

Started by Spino, August 23, 2022, 01:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Same as Kit here..no pics to be seen.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

The first picture I can see. The latter two links are just "No Entry" signs. :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

perttime

I see two photos, and two that are just links.
Some browsers might not display pics from some sites.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 25, 2022, 03:21:52 AMThe first picture I can see. The latter two links are just "No Entry" signs. :-\

Same here... :-\
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Firefox

Can't see the pics. Looks like the pictures are region-locked.

Spino

Hmm, I'll have to find a different way.

Spino

It doesn't give me any option except to link-share images.

Spino

PolluxDeltaSeven

Nope, we still can't see a thing, sadly
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

Zero-Sen

Quote from: Spino on August 29, 2022, 07:12:22 AMAny better now?
I saw the Super Tomcat picture the last time I logged in. But now it's gone :rolleyes:

Spino

How do you guys post photos?  I'm new here and it only gives me the option to share photos via link.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Spino on August 29, 2022, 02:10:31 PMHow do you guys post photos?  I'm new here and it only gives me the option to share photos via link.

Unless it changed with the recent upgrade and I missed it you can only post photos as links from photo hosting sites.  I use imageshack. 

It's a bit unwieldy but you upload to the hosting site then copy the "direct link" you'll have for the pic.  Then when posting here select the frame-shaped icon on the top tool bar to the right of the YouTube icon.  Then post the photo url in the box. It's an easier process than it used to be but will still be nice to post photos directly.  If that is now possible I missed it, but would love to find out I'm wrong and it is now possible.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kerick

I've used Flickr for a long time now and it's worked well. I've got so many pics on there they want to charge me a monthly fee. It's been free as long as I don't go over a certain numbers of pics.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

From what I can gather, it's a matter of storage &/or bandwidth.

There is a cost to having direct posting of photo's, which most sites that have it cover through "membership" fees or paid advertising. One example of this is Armorama, of which I am a member, & which I can no longer access as I have an ad blocker program installed, which they demand I disable in order to access the site. As ad's are a major vector for malware getting into computers, that ain't happening.

This site has neither, for which I am eternally grateful; relying on the occasional request for donations to keep the site running.

So, a few extra steps to post pictures is a very small price to pay, in my view.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Spino mate i myself havent been back here for long after some time away and i couldnt post pics at all.
Chatted with these blokes and they put me onto Flickr..it's easy to use from a PC but cant share from a phone..so i scored a laptop and its been sweet ever since.
I pay for my flickr as i hate adverts and have a unlimited amount of pics i can store there ..thats my choice but its free to post a huge amount of pics without paying a cent.
Go with Flickr mate and you wont look back and even a computer dunce like myself hasnt had a problem.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .