Some more real world modeling

Started by Stan in YUL, July 03, 2022, 12:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan in YUL

Another rescue from the "Shelf of Doom": Revell 1/72 F4U-1 started sometime in 2015.

This kit was introduced back in 1963, making it a year younger then me!
Another one down!

Wardukw

Quote from: Stan in YUL on July 03, 2022, 12:35:46 PM
Another rescue from the "Shelf of Doom": Revell 1/72 F4U-1 started sometime in 2015.

This kit was introduced back in 1963, making it a year younger then me!
Another one down!
Started in 015 ??   :lol:
Glad ya got back to it Stan..considering its age it looks great mate  :thumbsup:
I wanted to build a super Corsair but then i saw its already made in 48th ..bugger  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

I rather like the look of the FAA short winged Corsairs, and yours looks a treat.  :thumbsup:

Rather ironic that the FAA did manage to fly them off carriers and the original users, the USN, didn't.  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Stan in YUL

I should add that the old Airfix 1/72 Kit donated some replacement parts and an unused decal scheme.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

:thumbsup: very smart - further proof that good results can be achieved with old/obsolete kits.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter