The LHC Group Build - General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, May 24, 2022, 07:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right it's a little bit early but as I'm going to be away for a few weeks I wanted to get the boards set up before I go.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Leading Observer

Thanks for the early opening :thumbsup: Given who one of the Moderators is, I assume longer wings are mandatory?
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Leading Observer on May 24, 2022, 09:59:01 AM

Thanks for the early opening :thumbsup: Given who one of the Moderators is, I assume longer wings are mandatory?

That's Rule 10.................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I was thinking of a Cranberry B.(I) 8 fuselage as a basis for an enlarged 4 engined Mosquito strategic bomber, with 48th Airfix Mosquito wings and some repurposed Sabre engines.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

That's EXACTLY the sort of thing the GB was intended to produce.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

And there's the early version of the P.1103 which looks like a bigger Hunter. 

The other one I like the idea of is something like the MiG 21 prototype that has a Eurofighter style intake and canards, that Camm thought of repurposing a Hunter to try that layout.  Sure I have all the bits too, although I like a twin two seater, maybe with P.1083 wings.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Dizzyfugu

This topic does not ring many bells yet; I have a vague Hunter project in the back of my mind that might enter hardware stage thorugh this GB, though, and an Airfix Lightning w/o a plan yet.

zenrat

In our discussions about the rules Chris, Kit and I covered the possibility of someone building something LHC derived using no parts at all from LH C kits...

...and I did say that if anyone was going to do that then it would be Lee.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

The irony is I have all the bits for one of the things I want to do which is along those lines, plus the moulds and some of the bits for another.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Spey_Phantom

its been a long time since i last built something for a Group Build, and i was planning on building an Area 88 BAC Lightning (from "The Escape Killers"). so count me in  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

There you are  then, the LHC Group Build, almost all things to al men.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

Nils  if you do im looking forward to that  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

AeroplaneDriver

Definitely in for this one with at least one build, hopefully more.  I've done 5 whif Hunters over the years but no Lightnings or Canberras so I probably should branch out. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

AeroplaneDriver

Anyone ever seen the horrifically bad 90s sci-fi film "Wing Commander"?  In addition to its terrible plot this abomination of a film chopped up real Lightnings and a Canberra to turn into spacecraft.  Truly criminal but it has me thinking...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

sandiego89

This one seems to be generating good interest, with some already putting placeholders on their builds! I need to put my thinking cap on.  As a US based WHIFFEER, none are especially iconic here, I did not see my first Hunter until rather recently, and have yet to see a EE Lightning in person.  Martin built Canberra's are pretty well represented, but tend to get over shadowed by other US bombers at museums.   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA