Welcome to the 2022 Whiffie Awards Show

Started by TomZ, March 19, 2022, 12:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan in YUL

buzzbomb

Tom and crew, thank you again for putting this all together.
Humbled by a couple of nods, so to my creative peers, thank you as well.

Hopefully once I have finished moving house by mid year and can get back on the tools soon after.

perttime

I seem to have fallen asleep while putting on my dress.... Good thing the show could be watched when I woke up.
Great show! Great nominees! Great winners!

McColm

Old Wombat

Woh! Two Whiffies! :o

I am honoured to share one with BT (buzzbomb). :cheers:

And, honestly, I voted for Frank in the other. :unsure:

Thank you, Tom, for putting in the wonderful effort to create such a great Awards Night! :bow:

And a huge thanks for those who voted, not just for me but for everyone, and to all the other Crazy B@st@rds who make this place fun! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Congratulations to all the winners!!!  :lol:

And many thanks to TomZ for organizing this event, nice to see that traditions remain active. :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Congratulations to all the nominees, let alone the winners  :bow: and an especially thanks to TomZ for taking this this on and organising it so seamlessly. The great tradition of the Whiffies continues, thankyou  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 20, 2022, 02:25:22 AM
Congratulations to all the nominees, let alone the winners  :bow: and an especially thanks to TomZ for taking this this on and organising it so seamlessly. The great tradition of the Whiffies continues, thankyou  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What Chris says. 

Well done all.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Thank you Tony for your service over the preceding years.
Thank you Tom for taking up the reins.
Thank you those who nominated me and those who voted.  Well done everyone who is part of this community, that it exists is in itself a cause for celebration and congratulation.  How we get away with this without someone ruining it I don't know.

And while we are on the subject of ruining it, i'm very sorry about the toilets.  I honestly had no idea that would happen, I was drunk and I thought it was funny.  In my defence though what are the odds that Jon's wig was made from caesium AND that at the exact moment I flushed it Kit would choose to show me the intensifying and focussing effect whiffium weave pant material has on farts lit through it?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Fantastic show, and well done to everyone! 

What a great forum, enjoy it very much. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

63cpe

I can't put it better than comrade Zenrat:
QuoteThank you Tony for your service over the preceding years.
Thank you Tom for taking up the reins.
Thank you those who nominated me and those who voted.  Well done everyone who is part of this community, that it exists is in itself a cause for celebration and congratulation.  How we get away with this without someone ruining it I don't know.

QuoteAnd while we are on the subject of ruining it, I'm very sorry about the toilets.  I honestly had no idea that would happen, I was drunk and I thought it was funny.  In my defence though what are the odds that Jon's wig was made from caesium AND that at the exact moment I flushed it Kit would choose to show me the intensifying and focussing effect whiffium weave pant material has on farts lit through it?

Oh, now I understand what the fuzz was all about. I saw in the hallway close to the cloakrooms nippin my absinthe and at an certain moment the security rushing down the hall with extinguisher. Than it got all white and cloudy and tried to flee. While trying to find my way outta there I fell over Gondor trying to find his prone pilots he fed to the carpet monster and fell again over the carpet monster. While trying to get up, not easy on the stiletto heels, EricR showed he his collection of reds, yellows and blues and ended up in asymmetrical reds, yellows and blues in the afterparty with Tophe. What a night, I just got home...

FAR148

A well deserved round of applause for Tom for organizing  the show. :cheers: As well as congratulations to the winners! :thumbsup: A super big "Thank You" to all who nominated and voted for me. You guys rock and this community is the best!  :cheers:  :wub:

Awesome work!
Steven

Gondor

Quote from: 63cpe on March 20, 2022, 06:11:25 AM

Oh, now I understand what the fuzz was all about. I saw in the hallway close to the cloakrooms nippin my absinthe and at an certain moment the security rushing down the hall with extinguisher. Than it got all white and cloudy and tried to flee. While trying to find my way outta there I fell over Gondor trying to find his prone pilots he fed to the carpet monster and fell again over the carpet monster. While trying to get up, not easy on the stiletto heels, EricR showed he his collection of reds, yellows and blues and ended up in asymmetrical reds, yellows and blues in the afterparty with Tophe. What a night, I just got home...

So that's how I got that bruise

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

The ceremony  displayed the full magnificence not only  of  exceptional modelling  but amazing people!  I found the whole show remarkable. Congratulations to everyone involved in the event in any way.

I am requested by the venue cleaning staff to thank participants for leaving the hall in a reasonable state (the absinthe and arrak stains on the carpet have been removed and the twiglets embedded in the ceiling detached) 

Please would the owners of the lost property items enumerated below make arrangements for  collection or disposal :-
One pink floral walking stick
One gentleman's deerstalker hat
Two guanaco
One depleted uranium billet, engraved with the message "NOT TO BE REMOVED FROM BUILDING 427, SELLAFIELD"
Ignition keys for, variously, a Scammell Pioneer, a Bentley Continental, three different Morris Minors, a Ford Edsel, a Hindustan Ambassador  and a Thorneycroft Antar.
One prosthetic leg (left)
Several sticks of early (forced) rhubarb.
An Ordnance Survey map marked with a route from Nempnet Thrubwell to Piddletrenthyde (avoiding motorways)
Innumerable empty bottles which had once contained divers spirituous liquors.

.......and will the person or persons who left the fork lift truck in a ladies retiring room cubicle please explain how they got it in there without damaging the sanitary fitments?

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet