My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Just getting the new thread ready for 2022. Please don't post until January 1st.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

Old Wombat

OK! OK! They were ordered last year (yesterday) & are still in transit but they will be the first addition to the Wombat Stash for 2022;

1 x DioArt 1/35 Future Zombie Land Signs (full colour, 1 Card sheet, 1 styrene sheet, 1 white decals) (DIO-283)
1 x DioArt 1/35 Zombieland Signs Vol.1 - Gas Mask (card, styrene &white decals) (DIO-283a)
1 x DioArt 1/35 Future Zombieland Signs Vol.2 - Skull (card, styrene & white decals) (DIO-283b)
1 x ETA Diorama 1/35 Zombie Warning Tape (2 sheets) (ETA-217)    
1 x Royal Models 1/35 Zombie Series - Zombie (1 Figure) (RM769)
1 x Royal Models 1/35 Zombie Series - Half Body Zombie (1 Figure) (RM765)
1 x Royal Models 1/35 Zombie Series - Nurse Zombie (1 Female Figure) (RM762)
1 x Armor35 1/35 Fantasy - Girl (stalker) (ARM35909)
2 x Live Resin 1/35 USSOCOM SCAR Weapon System FN SCAR-L/Mk.16 Vol.1 (LRE35054)
2 x Live Resin 1/35 M240H on Military Systems Group Inc. SA 1 Swing Arm (LRE35149)
1 x Live Resin 1/35 GPNVG-18 Panoramic Night Vision Goggles with Mount and Battery Case (LRE35198)
2 x Live Resin 1/35 7.62 High Flexible Feed Chute (4 sets) (LRE35216)
1 x Live Resin 1/35 US Army Modern Heads in ACH/MICH helmet with Cover (LRE35116)
2 x Live Resin 1/35 US Army Scepter Military Fuel Canisters (6pcs) (LRE35155)
1 x Live Resin 1/35 Heads w/Balaclavas and Headsets for MICH Helmets (H-Nape) (5 Heads) (LRE35201)
1 x Live Resin 1/35 Uncovered MICH 2000 Helmet w/Rail System & Norotos Universal NVG Shroud (6 sets, No head) (LRE35193)
1 x Live Resin 1/35 WILCOX L4 G24 NVG Helmet Mount Closed (10 sets) and Opened (10 sets) (LRE35197)

Almost entirely accessories plus a few figures.

A different sort of purchase to end/start the year.

Maybe this is the direction my modelling will take this year.

Who knows?

I don't! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 31, 2021, 04:19:43 PM

Maybe this is the direction my modelling will take this year.

Who knows?

I don't! :thumbsup:

It's an adventure, isn't it?  ;)

They tell me that's part of the fun... I remain to be convinced...  :unsure:

seadude

Ordered earlier this week from my local hobby store, but will definately be the first new 2022 kit to add to my stash. As soon as I saw this mentioned on Facebook weeks ago, I knew I had to have one. :)

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

zenrat

You just know someone will start from there and scratchbuild the rest of the Mighty Mo...

I got a late birthday and a xmas present today.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Flyer

The Loire 210 looks like a biplane missing the top wing :-X
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

NARSES2

Quote from: Flyer on January 01, 2022, 05:13:58 AM

Looks Italian rather than French
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

Quote from: zenrat on January 01, 2022, 04:03:20 AM
You just know someone will start from there and scratchbuild the rest of the Mighty Mo...

Well, it won't be me. But somebody will eventually make some sort of diorama from it.

In fact, just this morning, I had the crazy idea to possibly turn my battleship turret into a 3-gunned tank.  :o Take the battleship turret and put it on a large 1/35 scale frame/chassis, then add wheels/tracks, add other bits and smaller machine guns, and voila! Now a person has the biggest and baddest US Navy tank ever to traverse the land of any enemy country. 3 guns is definately better than 1!  ;D I've got three Dragon 1/35 scale T28 Super Heavy Tanks in the stash that I can rob parts from. It's possible I may just do this whif project later this year. We'll see. ;)

scooter

Quote from: seadude on January 01, 2022, 07:01:59 AM

Well, it won't be me. But somebody will eventually make some sort of diorama from it.

In fact, just this morning, I had the crazy idea to possibly turn my battleship turret into a 3-gunned tank.  :o Take the battleship turret and put it on a large 1/35 scale frame/chassis, then add wheels/tracks, add other bits and smaller machine guns, and voila! Now a person has the biggest and baddest US Navy tank ever to traverse the land of any enemy country. 3 guns is definately better than 1!  ;D I've got three Dragon 1/35 scale T28 Super Heavy Tanks in the stash that I can rob parts from. It's possible I may just do this whif project later this year. We'll see. ;)

So, a Ratte for the USMC?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

Fred your describing the Ratte to perfection mate   ;D and ya got 3 T28s ??? Hell i cant even get one here anymore..they juat dont exist here anymore..when one does show up here im grabbing it  ;D
I am loving your idea Fred ..it big ..pointless and ridiculous..i absolutely love ir  ;D ;D ;D

I just saw Guys pile of listed goodies and only one world comes to mind ...GULP!!  ;D
I keep having issues with BNA at the mo..they keep asking for a state when i try buy anything ..we dont have states here and they wont change it..i liked their old site ..so much easier to use
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: seadude on January 01, 2022, 07:01:59 AM

IIRC there was a build on BtS a while ago where Claymore was doing something similar, though I think he scratchbuilt a 1/35 Bismarck-type turret first... so the resulting vehicle was HUGE!!
There may be some ideas/techniques there you could use?

Wardukw

When i was a member of another armour model website a dude there built the Ratte in 35th scale..he had to use 16th scale King Tiger road wheels and i think 10 full set of tracks to get the lenght and width of the thing and yep Ricks on the money..the thing is massive..like 1200mm long or longer..i dont remember for sure.
Anyone who wants to build one will need 3 things ..money..time and a heap of space .
At one point i was going to build the SPG verison of the Ratte using the main gun copied from a Dora rail gun ..when i did the mesurements ..ummm yeah i kinda changed my mind.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 01, 2022, 05:17:18 AM

That was my first thought, too!

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 01, 2022, 11:08:35 AM
Fred your describing the Ratte to perfection mate   ;D and ya got 3 T28s ??? Hell i cant even get one here anymore..they juat dont exist here anymore..when one does show up here im grabbing it  ;D
I am loving your idea Fred ..it big ..pointless and ridiculous..i absolutely love ir  ;D ;D ;D

I just saw Guys pile of listed goodies and only one world comes to mind ...GULP!!  ;D
I keep having issues with BNA at the mo..they keep asking for a state when i try buy anything ..we dont have states here and they wont change it..i liked their old site ..so much easier to use

Not me mate.  That was Seadude.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 02, 2022, 01:25:59 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 01, 2022, 05:17:18 AM

That was my first thought, too!

I think i'll keep it French, but with a more colourfull scheme.  Sky Blue over White with Green Fleet identification bands for example.

Although thinking about it I do have a spare 1/72 Porco Rosso pilot figure...
Fred