Heinkel He-343A-1

Started by TomZ, December 11, 2021, 12:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Heinkel He-343A-1

The Heinkel He 343 was designed for the Luftwaffe by the German Heinkel aircraft manufacturing company in the beginning of 1944. A total of 20 of these aircraft were ordered. For shortening the development time and for re-use of existing parts, its general design was envisioned along the lines of an enlarged Arado Ar 234. For a choice of engines, the Junkers Jumo 004 and the Heinkel HeS 011 were planned.

The first prototype flew in June 1945 and immediately 200 aircraft were ordered for the Luftwaffe. The He-343 proved to be faster than the Ar-234 and could carry a heavier load. In all 600 He-343 were built for the Luftwaffe but it also served in the air forces of Italy, Hungary and Bulgaria.
From 1952 onwards the He-343 was replaced with the Junkers Ju-688.

Model: Planet 1/72

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Wardukw

Damn Tom..another lovely little work of art..awesome mate  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

frank2056

That's a beautiful build. The He-343was a great looking design and one of the few Luft '46 designs that was under construction.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

royabulgaf

This is even better than the Boepelovs.
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Great paint.  I'm not brave enough to try that.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Quote from: frank2056 on December 11, 2021, 05:07:25 PM
The He-343was a great looking design and one of the few Luft '46 designs that was under construction.
But the unbuilt He-343Z was a true what-if! ;D

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/he-343z-.jpg
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]