Tankfest 2021

Started by Nick, August 09, 2021, 09:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I saw the advert for this and wondered if anyone else would go? https://tankmuseum.org/events/tankfest/

TANKFEST 2021 at the Tank Museum in Dorset. 17-21 September 2021. Tickets are £37.50 for Fri+Sat or Sun+Mon. Includes the live tank driving and entry to the museum proper.

PR19_Kit

That looks LOTS of fun.  ;D

Sadly I'll be on the Norfolk Broads that time this year, but I'll be looking to go in 2022. I think the last time I was at Bovingdon was in 1964!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 09, 2021, 09:12:48 AM
That looks LOTS of fun.  ;D

Sadly I'll be on the Norfolk Broads that time this year, but I'll be looking to go in 2022. I think the last time I was at Bovingdon was in 1964!  :o

That would be Bovington Kit  ;) , Bovingdon is an airfield in Hertfordshire
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

I know where it is anyway, whatever it's called................  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

I used to live 15 minutes away from Bovington when me and mrs kitnut bought a house in Wareham. Bovington was where mrs kitnut used to live too, her Dad was REME.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Steel Penguin

oh POOT  :banghead:   oh well next year... not enough notice to get everything organised and booked  :banghead:

If anyone goes, Pics... we need pics  :wacko:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

tigercat

It clashes with We have Ways Fest which is a spin off of James Holland and Al Murrsys WW2 history podcast.