Newark Air Museum 2021

Started by Knightflyer, June 08, 2021, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

Well I had to take my mum halfway to Lincolnshire on Saturday - aunt and uncle who were picking her up said where can we meet that's halfway..... I said I know just the place!  ;D

Newark Air Museum is a place I keep go back to time after time, and I have probably taken the same photos from the same spot several times over the years, but why not!

Not going to share lots of pics, just some randomly chosen ones

Trying for an arty shot with this one .... looking out through the Hanger 2 door (open for ventilation as a Covid measure)

A work of many parts ....what do you mean you haven't got this piece in that colour! (I quite fancy modelling this as is though!)

Outside at the moment, enjoying the sun as the Museum makes room for a Eurofighter Typhoon

Always find something architecturally and engineering powerful about Shackleton engines  ;D

And finally .... A tale of Tails ..... four generations worth I suppose!  ;D

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

Very evocative of Newark, there's always something you've not seen before.  :thumbsup:

Have they still got their ex-RAF F-4 simulator there? I was going to help them re-instate that, but the 'Elfs' put the mokkers on the plan.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Yet another place I really must get to! Any further pix you choose to post would be most gratefully received.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Knightflyer

Quote from: Rheged on June 08, 2021, 09:43:15 AM
Yet another place I really must get to! Any further pix you choose to post would be most gratefully received.

Well since you asked nicely  ;D
Firstly my favourite corner of Hanger One.... and I think that is Kit's Phantom simulator on the far left of the second picture

Don't get many of these to the pound ......

A study in greens!

Those four tail-enders

I didn't actually take a lot of photos this time, I was just enjoying being out, and being with PLANES!  ;D

I will see if I can dig out my other albums

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Nick

Quote from: Knightflyer on June 08, 2021, 08:39:15 AM
Well I had to take my mum halfway to Lincolnshire on Saturday - aunt and uncle who were picking her up said where can we meet that's halfway..... I said I know just the place!  ;D

Newark Air Museum is a place I keep go back to time after time, and I have probably taken the same photos from the same spot several times over the years, but why not!

Outside at the moment, enjoying the sun as the Museum makes room for a Eurofighter Typhoon

Eh! What?! When?

Oh, it's one of the prototype birds. ZH590 that was at Duxford where I must have missed it. :lol:

http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/Eurofighter_DA4

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on June 08, 2021, 10:31:56 AM

.... and I think that is Kit's Phantom simulator on the far left of the second picture

Yes indeed, that looks like it, minus all its hydraulic bits, sad to say. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit