FV215 Heavy Tank Destroyer 1/35

Started by buzzbomb, May 27, 2021, 11:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

For reasons that now escape me, I purchased this, the Amusing Hobbies FV215B Tank Destroyer packing the 183mm gun system.
thanks Britmodeller  :smiley:

It is a British 50's paper project for a change. The kit is average for current expectations, A+ for subject matter about a C for moulding and detail quality. A lot of missed opportunities for detail areas and rather average instructions.
Another plus is that the tracks are indi links click together, well for a while anyway, they are a bit flimsy, so I would recommend gluing them once you have them in place as the teeny, tiny protrusions tend to break off with handling.

Over a couple of build day meets, I have cobbled it together, all in all, out of the box

One thing is for sure, it is a monster compared to the Matilda I also have on the bench. Again

scooter

Before it got nerf'd, it used to be called the Death Star amongst the higher tier (Tier X) World of Tanks players
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Strange calibre. 7,2". But violently cool!  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

JayBee

Come on world, we need this in 1/72scale, and Israeli markings !
:wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Old Wombat

Both builds are looking good, BT! :thumbsup:

I'm thinking you bought it because it was such a cool, different subject ... Same reason I bought a Conqueror, which came out at pretty much the same time. :mellow:

Quote from: JayBee on May 28, 2021, 05:49:22 AM
Come on world, we need this in 1/72scale, and Israeli markings !
:wacko:

Israeli markings are eminently doable in 1/35! ;D ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on May 28, 2021, 02:44:55 AM

There was a 7.2"  gun in use during WWII by the Royal Artillery. The first marks were relined 8" gun barrels, but the latter marks were new builds. Was only used for a couple of years. Not sure if the barrels were considered for this or not, but there was experience with the calibre.

There was also a naval gun used in some RN Washington Treaty cruisers.

Really nice build  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 28, 2021, 06:31:56 AM

There was a 7.2"  gun in use during WWII by the Royal Artillery. The first marks were relined 8" gun barrels, but the latter marks were new builds. Was only used for a couple of years. Not sure if the barrels were considered for this or not, but there was experience with the calibre.

Yes, Gunner/Lance-Bombardier/Gunner Terence "Spike" Milligan served in a 7.2" battery. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 28, 2021, 06:35:00 AM

Yes, Gunner/Lance-Bombardier/Gunner Terence "Spike" Milligan served in a 7.2" battery. ;)

Ah so he did. I just read a bit about Spike this morning as well. One of my hero's  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 28, 2021, 06:29:47 AM

I'm thinking you bought it because it was such a cool, different subject ... Same reason I bought a Conqueror, which came out at pretty much the same time. :mellow:

Both were part of the same "Family" of vehicles. Amusing Hobby do several interesting kits.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

rickshaw

And the greeting he encountered from Gunner Harry Secombe in Tunisia, "Has anybody seen our gun?"  As it apparently trundled past as it recoiled upon being fired...   :banghead: :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on May 28, 2021, 07:39:31 PM

And the greeting he encountered from Gunner Harry Secombe in Tunisia, "Has anybody seen our gun?"  As it apparently trundled past as it recoiled upon being fired...   :banghead: :banghead:

Allegedly the conversation went :-

Milligan - "has anybody seen a gun around here ?"

Seacombe - "what colour ?"

And that's where it all started  ;D

Captain Canada

Big tank ! Looks great, and an interesting addition to the collection.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Quote from: buzzbomb on May 27, 2021, 11:29:00 PM

Matilda didn't like it when FV215b stood next to him at the urinal...
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.