P-51TB & TF (finished page 2)

Started by Tophe, May 20, 2021, 05:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

from my Mustang drawing topic:
Quote from: Tophe on April 01, 2021, 05:52:23 AM
Maybe in 2022 I will build these "twin-boom Mustang" and "twin-fin Mustang" from 2 copies of 1/144 P-51D:

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/twin-boom-Mustang-.jpg
(the V-tail Mustang has already been built as model, flyable)
As I am not sure to see 2022, I have ordered rather urgently my next models: 2 copies of P-51D 1/144
They arrived today from China.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

AndrewF

Not sure to see 2022?!? Are you being serious Tophe?

Pellson

Quote from: Tophe on May 20, 2021, 05:33:47 AM
As I am not sure to see 2022...

Bonne chance, mon ami.
I hope we both will look back on this period in a few years and gratefully appreciate that we cheated destiny yet again.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Here are the parts: <_<

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/IMG_4710-p51tb.jpg
For the future, nothing is sure, I don't know the speed of this illness. Just if the 5 "things" are confirmed new metastases, chemotherapy may start in July and maybe I will be in hospital till the end. Or not, I don't know. But I was not able to confirm "the P-51TB 1/144 will be built in 2022", maybe it is "now or never". :unsure:

comrade harps

[quote author=Tophe
For the future, nothing is sure, I don't know the speed of this illness. Just if the 5 "things" are confirmed new metastases, chemotherapy may start in July and maybe I will be in hospital till the end. Or not, I don't know. But I was not able to confirm "the P-51TB 1/144 will be built in 2022", maybe it is "now or never". :unsure:
[/quote]

Bugger. Take care, bro. Rage against the dying of the light with asymmetric styrene!

I was thinking just earlier today about what happens to our unique builds after we go to the great model expo in the sky. Sure, there's a digital legacy for a while, but where's the physical Museum of Whif? My family will likely fill the bin with plastic within a fortnight (unless l make The Hanger a condition of my will).
Whatever.

PR19_Kit

Here in the UK Our Glorious Leader, Martin H, has established a Whiff SIG museum at the Coventry Aviation Museum, and wondrous it is too.

Mind you, they'll need to find MUCH more display space when I pass on as there won't be enough room for all my extra-long-winged creations.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

comrade harps

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 21, 2021, 03:39:00 AM
Here in the UK Our Glorious Leader, Martin H, has established a Whiff SIG museum at the Coventry Aviation Museum, and wondrous it is too.

Mind you, they'll need to find MUCH more display space when I pass on as there won't be enough room for all my extra-long-winged creations.  ;D

Thomas' output would need an entire wing.
Whatever.

zenrat

I often wonder if before I go my stash and completed builds will be seized by the eco police who will charge me with possession of illegal hydro-carbons in bulk amounts.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Best of luck with the Chemo Tophe, friend of mine has just gone through 8 weeks of it and been given the all clear for now. So where  there's a breath there's hope  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Thanks.

First drops of glue on the models. One propeller fell on the floor and I was unable to find it again, like magically disappeared (this is not the first time something like that happens to me), but one available part was an extra spinner, plain, without propeller, so I used it on the P-51TF with no PSR to fill there. I have a little changed my project for this 51TF: this may be a flying wing with swept wings and fins at mid span.

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/IMG_4711_p51tb.jpg

Tophe

The butcher came and... both P-51TB and TF are taking shape: <_<

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/IMG_4712_p51tb.jpg

Tophe

Talking with Kitbasher about asymmetric aircraft, an idea stroke me: the P-51TB should be asymmetric! ;D

Thanks Kitbasher! ;)

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/P-51_persp_D_ap.jpg
The asymmetric tailplanes are a serious device to counteract torque. <_<