The Blue Lights GB - General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, February 07, 2021, 06:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right gents here's the area for any general discussion and chat regarding the GB

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

buzzbomb

Team, your timing is immaculate !
An extremely short run "kit" recently arrived that is firmly in this space. It has been on the procrastination cycle of "put it on the bench, look at it, take it off the bench" for about 2 months, so sits still unstarted. This is exactly what I need to get the thing underway
Now to NOT start it before the Oneth of March, should be a doddle.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Leading Observer

So, getting my head around this one, we are looking at stuff like, say,  the Mad Max Police interceptors type of vehicles or a bright red Yorkshire Fire Service Avro Vulcan Water Bomber?
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

McColm

So my idea of a rescue train could be the basis for this build? I'm going to have to sit this one out until my circumstances change.

Nick

I'm looking at getting a set of US-style blue/red lights for a 1/24 car I have in the stash. Fujimi do a set which could provide for 2 cars https://www.hiroboy.com/124_Police_Patrol_Car_Parts_Set--product--14977.html#

Plenty of decal sets out there at prices so low it's a steal  :lol:

Also looking for some US Police helo markings to go on an AH-1G - Any good websites that show a wide range of schemes?

I just need to buy within the UK to avoid shipping issues.

PR19_Kit

And as is quite common with Hiroboy, that kit's not actually in stock at the moment.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: Nick on February 08, 2021, 04:11:34 AM
I'm looking at getting a set of US-style blue/red lights for a 1/24 car I have in the stash. Fujimi do a set which could provide for 2 cars https://www.hiroboy.com/124_Police_Patrol_Car_Parts_Set--product--14977.html#

Plenty of decal sets out there at prices so low it's a steal  :lol:

Also looking for some US Police helo markings to go on an AH-1G - Any good websites that show a wide range of schemes?

I just need to buy within the UK to avoid shipping issues.
Nick, if you want you can have a rummage in one of the my grey plastic storage boxes. I'm sure one of the boxes has those parts.
Steven

Old Wombat

Quote from: Leading Observer on February 08, 2021, 03:28:15 AM
So, getting my head around this one, we are looking at stuff like, say,  the Mad Max Police interceptors type of vehicles or a bright red Yorkshire Fire Service Avro Vulcan Water Bomber?

Yes, mate, both of those are in the scope of this GB. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

Quote from: McColm on February 08, 2021, 03:39:07 AM
So my idea of a rescue train could be the basis for this build? I'm going to have to sit this one out until my circumstances change.

Don't sit it out, just change emphasis.  Write a backstory or two. All you need is imagination (we all know you have that) and a means of posting.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Quote from: Leading Observer on February 08, 2021, 03:28:15 AM

Shame I did my B1R FireLancer a bunch a years ago. :-\

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

McColm

Quote from: Rheged on February 08, 2021, 09:34:53 AM
Quote from: McColm on February 08, 2021, 03:39:07 AM

Don't sit it out, just change emphasis.  Write a backstory or two. All you need is imagination (we all know you have that) and a means of posting.
Thanks Rheged

jcf

USFS (United States Forest Service) Firesnake.

Snohomish County Sheriff's Dept. UH-1H, and OH-6A. I've seen both over the house.  ;D

TheChronicOne

It's time to make AIR POLICE! Police that fly around in the sky and "pull over" other air craft just like they do on the ground with automobiles. Put some lights on top and police decals.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 08, 2021, 06:28:42 PM
It's time to make AIR POLICE! Police that fly around in the sky and "pull over" other air craft just like they do on the ground with automobiles. Put some lights on top and police decals.  :wacko:

Perfectly permissible & a hoot to boot! ;D ;D :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

I had thought about doing this a good while back and had forgotten all about it! Good opportunity to go for it, now, that I've been reminded and there's a GB for it. In my mind I picture a Cessna 172......   I have some of those and some generic police decals so all I'd really need are some overheads and I could probably make my own from something.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-