McDonnell-Douglas/Boeing HSCT 1990s

Started by jcf, January 10, 2021, 08:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

From the High Speed Civil Transport Airport Planning document

jcf

McColm

I have the Revell Boeing SST kit in the stash which could be used as a donor kit,  but that means moving the wings forward to accommodate the tail fins and reshaping the main wings.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 11, 2021, 06:15:48 AM
That was SERIOUSLY Area Ruled!  :o

Indeed.  If I was a paying passenger I think I'd like a seat in the middle waist position.  I was surprised that the door sill heights were the same between the 747 and the MD11.   I hadn't really considered they would be the same heights.  Was that a conscious decision by the designers?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on January 11, 2021, 08:51:42 PM

I was surprised that the door sill heights were the same between the 747 and the MD11.   I hadn't really considered they would be the same heights.  Was that a conscious decision by the designers?

IIRC the Tri-Star was similar too, mainly because of the height of the jetways at airports. The industry didn't want to get caught in a mess with different gates being only able to be used by specific aircraft types.

And then the A380 comes along and screws it all up...............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 12, 2021, 01:27:46 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on January 11, 2021, 08:51:42 PM

I was surprised that the door sill heights were the same between the 747 and the MD11.   I hadn't really considered they would be the same heights.  Was that a conscious decision by the designers?

IIRC the Tri-Star was similar too, mainly because of the height of the jetways at airports. The industry didn't want to get caught in a mess with different gates being only able to be used by specific aircraft types.

And then the A380 comes along and screws it all up...............

When you're the biggest you get to set the rules...  ;) ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

chrisonord

Hmmm?
I wonder  how many rotary  ALCM launchers would fit inside it :wacko:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!