LR-51 LeeRichardstang (finished page3)

Started by Tophe, December 29, 2020, 06:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

from fank2056 (thanks to him!) 's topic https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=48613.0
I imagined a Mustang derivative of his great LeeRichards Annular Monoplane:
Quote from: Tophe on November 28, 2020, 10:21:47 PM

Now for my birthday I have opened the gift parcel, I will show you that my project will come true (scale 1/72) <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Uh? I realize seeing the picture, that the old plane is written 1/48 scale, this is not what I have ordered! I will check...

Tophe

Well, seeing parts, I think this can match: <_<

The double canopy of the Mustang is the reason why I chose the Heller Mustang, for the old plane to get an enclosed canopy.

frank2056

Looks like a great match to your drawing!

ericr

Tophe

I have made a complaint about the delivered scale, discrepant from their web page writing.
But as I have opened the box and plastic, it is not new anymore and I am not sure they will accept an exchange. Maybe I will have to make a scale-o-rama 72nd/48th...: :-\

(Possible, as a glider)

Dizzyfugu

Oh, that looks daring. The wing profile could be a little more sturdy for the 'stang, though? But things look as if they would match.  :thumbsup:

Tophe

Thanks! ;D

About the wrong scale mistake, there is a conflict with the supplier. He told me to resend for free and I didn't understand, I replied: :angry:
"Your answer bothers me greatly:
1 / You are absolutely not saying that your faulty web page is going to be changed urgently for other potential customers, cheated like I was. Surprisingly, your seriousness and your honesty do not seem certain. It was need # 1.
2 / I no longer have the box (outer cardboard + filling), since I received it weeks ago, with the contents transferred to gift wrap while waiting for the birthday date on December 27th. And I don't have a lot of boxes in stock, sending goods is not my job.
3 / You do not explain whether everything should be returned (3 items) or only the faulty item, although this purchase only made sense when grouped together, to build a mixed model with swapped wings, as I explained.
4 / You do not specify what would happen upon receipt of the return parcel: refund or credit or other. And if so: the total amount including postage or just the sum of the purchased items?
5 / You do not confirm whether it is acceptable for you to take back boxes that are no longer new, since they have been opened to examine the contents (scotch tapes removed tearing a little of the cardboard image [without any intention of damaging but these scotch tapes classically damage when removed], plastic bag split for opening). It would be incorrect if it was upon receipt of the returned models that you say that it was not suitable, so zero refunds or zero credit. I raised the question in my initial complaint email, it should have been answered.
6 / Since you don't have the 1/72 version of the Lee Richards Annular, apparently unavailable in France, my birthday plan would be broken, that's a huge disappointment. So I think I'd rather adapt and build an imperfect 72nd / 48th scale mix, as I was signaling you to consider. So I will not send you anything back or demand a refund. But I am unhappy, both with this initial error, and with this incorrect answer, missing the points that I raised.
7 / I think you have lost a loyal customer. And I will post my dissatisfaction on your Facebook page, you did a miscalculation. " :angry:

Tophe

This LR-51 model may be cancelled, alas. I am fighting for its survival, uneasily.
The supplier lady phoned at my home and answered in detail:
1/ the web page will be corrected of course, she did not said it thinking this was obvious, and it is not instantly but soon.
2/ no need of outer carboard, I could send directly without protection.
3/ I should return only the wrong scale item.
4/ She did not explain the detail but I will have a corresponding credit for the next order.
5/ No problem to accept the slightly damaged box, simply it should be received by them.
6/ If I accept the wrong scale kit, the problem is solved according to them.
7/ Yes they know I am a loyal customer and they could give a little bonus for the next order, if any.
(8/) As I am not sure if I accept or not the 1/48th Annular, she will ask her colleague, expert, to know if the 1/72 version is available elsewhere in France for me to buy it with the money they will give back. Answer scheduled: January 4th or 5th... :-\ :unsure:

Tophe

Good news...:
The lady phoned again: they have the 1/72 Lee Richards model (in their German department) so I will just have to send back the 1/48th (for free) and when they receive it, they will ask their German colleagues to send me the 1/72nd...
This mix model 72/72 will be, I hope... <_<

Tophe

I have sent the 1/48th annular kit back one week ago (not having it anymore), and I am waiting for the 1/72nd kit in replacement. The lady sent me an E-mail to explain: "there will be some dealy, but blame the Brexit not us!" (sigh, waiting...)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on January 17, 2021, 03:06:03 AM

"there will be some dealy, but blame the Brexit not us!" (sigh, waiting...)

Any excuse will do of course.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Tophe

Hurrah! I received the little 1/72 Annular today! (I will start this model as soon as the Arado resin one is finished), maybe sunday.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit