Arado Ar-681 (finished page 1)

Started by Tophe, December 24, 2020, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

From my CGI topic https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=20326.5475
Quote from: Tophe on December 18, 2020, 02:20:02 AM
For Christmas and my birthday (2 days later) I should receive as a gift 2 copies of Arado E.381 kit (Unicraft 1/72, resin)
http://www.unicraft.biz/germ/ar381/ar381.htm
If they are both in the box (that is now under the Xmas tree), I plan to build a zwilling version of course, but I still have to think how I will do. Before that (when I will see the parts), I can draw now a simple E.381Z: <_<

Now, on Christmas day, I have opened the parcel! I am going to show you the content.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Here is this little double kit: <_< (thanks to my brother that offered them and to Igor that provided this)

My project will be a 1/144 big zwilling from this 1/72 little one ;)
Maybe with 2 tandem low wings + tailplane + foreplane (I will draw that later)

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on December 24, 2020, 11:39:22 PM
My project will be
Maybe with 2 tandem low wings + tailplane + foreplane (I will draw that later)
Here is the project drawing of mine, either tandem winged (A) or biplane (B): :unsure: <_<

Tophe

Starting with the resin model itself: separating parts and the first putty addition (before sanding) <_<

Tophe

I have started sanding (to clean parts then removing extra putty) but... the putty on one fuselage all went away as a single piece. And yes, at the resin-putty junction, the resin is completely unchanged, not dissolved at all, so the (Revell Plasto) putty is not glued. I was lucky I did not experience such a problem before... I glued back the matter with cyanoacrylide glue, and I will see if this is enough :-\

Tophe

Sanding the fuselages' back seems acceptable now, and I have added putty on the noses too but sanding that: one fell away from the nose and I had to add putty again :-\

Tophe

Building is completed and part of the painting: <_<

Tophe

Tophe

Scotaidh

That is wicked cool lookin'! (as they say here)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

Thanks! ;D
As I know some people cannot see the pictures with the img tool, I give the links too:
http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/IMG_4554_arado_681.jpg
http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/IMG_4556_Ar-681x4_.jpg

PR19_Kit

Something strange has happened with the images, as I could see them just fine this morning, but now I can't. :(

Your avatar has vanished as well Tophe.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 23, 2021, 07:46:52 AM
Something strange has happened with the images, as I could see them just fine this morning, but now I can't. :(

Your avatar has vanished as well Tophe.
The same for me, that is why I added the links, thinking "that happens to me today as several people were saying weeks ago"... :unsure: :-\
EDIT: now at 18:51 (in this part of the World) the pictures come again. :unsure: <_<

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I still can't see the pics, ANY of them. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit