De Havilland Quadrumpire (finished page2)

Started by Tophe, November 28, 2020, 03:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

For Christmas in less than 1 month (and for my birthday 2 days after Xmas), my wife asked me what presents I would like, and I chose a set of 2 Vampires (Mark1 kit, 1/144 scale). My project is to make a Quadruple-boom Twin-Vampire (Quadrumpire): twin-pods 4-booms 3-tailplanes biplane mix, simply. ;)

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

For explaining the principle of what I will make, I have started with my usual P-38 drawing basis, I may try later on Vampire drawings.

Tophe

Here is the Quadrumpire project: <_<

It was never built scale 1 because no titanium enough for the lower fins and rudders in the jet flames... :-\ :unsure: ;D

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on November 28, 2020, 10:56:01 AM
It was never built scale 1 because no titanium enough for the lower fins and rudders in the jet flames... :-\ :unsure: ;D
The glider version had not this hot problem ;)

(the air intakes are not for engines but for air con that pilots do like in summer) ;)

Tophe

The parcel arrived and I put a gift paper on the kit box, it is now under the Xmas (plastic) pinetree, till December 25th... :unsure: <_< :-\

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on November 30, 2020, 12:56:40 AM
(the air intakes are not for engines but for air con that pilots do like in summer) ;)
Without air-con is possible (easily on drawing, below) but would/will require a lot of putty/PSR, I don't know yet what I will do.

Tophe

Today Christmas, I opened the gift offered by my wife (thanks!) and here is the content:

I will not start building immediately because my workbench table is reserved for new year decoration, but later...

tigercat

With a Quadumpire there is a lot at stake.

Tophe

Quote from: tigercat on December 25, 2020, 12:26:53 AM
With a Quadumpire there is a lot at stake.
Uh? Maybe there is a misunderstanding (English is not my mother language): De Havilland Quadrumpire was meaning Quadruple-vampire, not quadruple-empire. Does that cure a misunderstanding? :unsure: <_<

tigercat

Sorry  it is a very bad Vampire joke

About Stakes as in wooden rods for killing Vampires

Scotaidh

In baseball, the officials on the field are called "umpires" - but I was pretty sure that's not where you were going.  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

;D (thanks for the explanations)

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on December 24, 2020, 11:27:43 PM
I will not start building immediately because my workbench table is reserved for new year decoration, but later...
Later becomes Now... Here are the basic parts I will use: <_<

And the first drops of glue. Not what-if yet, except the canopies (so small!) may have been inverted front/back ;D

kerick

A biplane, twin fuselage, quadruple tail Vampire. Simples!
This will be fun to see when it's painted! I love your wonderful ideas.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Thanks for this summary/description (even if I would use "pod" instead of "fuselage").

But a butcher came at my home with a huge saw and... butchery did happen :unsure: :-\