République Bretonne P-51.

Started by Sepp, November 16, 2020, 09:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sepp

Hi all,

My first post here :) also, my first LSP - for that matter, first build of any sort - in more than 40 years. It represents a warbird rendition (hence the modern VHF aerial) of an aircraft from 12e Escadrille, Forces Armées Bretonnes, in Algeria in support of the French operation there in the 50s.

Hope you like it.

Cheers!

Sepp

PR19_Kit

Well that's what I call an entrance.  ;D

That looks very smart indeed, a lovely job.  :thumbsup:

Welcome to the nuthouse, good to see you here.

Tell us more about the model itself please.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Zut alors, c'est magnifique!!  That is starting off in whiffery with a bang.  I'm very impressed.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

chrisonord

That is indeed a very nice build, and welcome to the whatever colour you want it, side. :wacko:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Sepp

Thank you all for your kind words, and warm welcome :)

The kit is Tamiya's beautiful 1/32 P-51, with Barracuda wheels and scratched aerial and various refinements in the wheel bays.  Oleos are foiled. Exterior paint is all Vallejo ModelAir, shot through a Paasche Talon; all national markings, serials and squadron code/badges are masked and sprayed. Stencils are HGW's excellent wet transfers. Interior is brush painted with a mix of Vallejo and Xtracolor.

As this was definitely a "how to" exercise, to get me back into model building, I chose a subject from my private world in which Brittany is an independent nation - I was then not constrained overly by accuracy... that said, I did have an aiming point; below is my original drawing of the subject from what has over the last ten years become quite a deep plunge into the alternate universe thing ... I'll probably post (a lot) of stuff about that elsewhere on the boards. Lucky you  :lol: :rolleyes:

Rather than re-post umpteen pics, you can see the original build thread on Large Scale Planes here  (edit: thanks to Scooter for advising how to turn a url into a tag.)

Thanks for the interest!

Sepp

PR19_Kit

1/32 scale?  :o :o

That's HUGE by our normal standards here, you must be some sort of master modeller.  ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Please don't use words like 'accuracy' in here, it makes us all cringe a bit.  :-\

Our models are ALWAYS 100% accurate (maybe even 110% accurate) because we can adjust the backstory to suit whatever way the model comes out.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

That's your first build in 40 years?!! Wow! Awesome paint and build skills!
Welcome aboard the nut house!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Sepp

Thanks, both!

Master modeller? lol, no ... I just want to do my subjects justice - I'm a wee bit ... fanatical is the wrong word ... let's say "invested" in the idea of an independent Brittany :)  I'm really pleased it turned out well, because I have maaaany others that I want to elevate from drawing to the 3D world.

I'll try to avoid the A word in future , lol.

rickshaw

Nice model.  We use the word "dedicated" rather than "fanatical".   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

comrade harps

Stunning  :wub:

Especially love the hub spiral  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

AeroplaneDriver

Welcome to the group!   Beautiful work! 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

scooter

Quote from: Sepp on November 16, 2020, 03:52:26 PM
https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/80566-tamiya-132-p-51d-first-lsp-build-with-lots-of-little-firsts-finished/  (If there's a way to wrap a url in a "here" tag, could someone point me at it, and I'll modify the post accordingly... )

Open bracket "url=" url closed bracket text [/url]
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Tophe

Quote from: Sepp on November 16, 2020, 09:27:41 AM
Forces Armées Bretonnes
Hope you like it.
It is surprising to see Brittany/Bretagne as an independent country,  with related roundels. As long as this happened with no war/death, it is pleasant/funny, yes, I like it. ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Welcome.

Nice build.  A bit large for my tastes but excellent work nevertheless.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Sepp

Quote from: scooter on November 17, 2020, 12:23:45 AM
Quote from: Sepp on November 16, 2020, 03:52:26 PM
https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/80566-tamiya-132-p-51d-first-lsp-build-with-lots-of-little-firsts-finished/  (If there's a way to wrap a url in a "here" tag, could someone point me at it, and I'll modify the post accordingly... )

Open bracket "url=" url closed bracket text [/url]

Thank you!

and fear not, Tophe - in the back story, except for a few minor border squabbles and the loss of a trainer aircraft* in the days following the original independence referendum in 1946, no casualties.

*A student pilot on a solo nav exercise in a T-6 strayed across the disputed border and was interdicted by French NC.900s near Angers. Exact details are hazy, but it appears the student pilot suffered a loss of contro. He baled out and was arrested.