weird P-38BSE (finished page 2)

Started by Tophe, September 14, 2020, 08:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Weeks ago I ordered a P-38J 1/144 (Mini Hobby Models) from China and it arrived today: <_<

P-38BSE will stand for the only Lightning in the whole World with Booms Separate from Engines.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on September 14, 2020, 08:44:45 AM
P-38BSE will stand for the only Lightning in the whole World with Booms Separate from Engines.
I show my project below: <_<

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

Thanks!

Several possibilities are available in such a family but I think I will only build the first one, the most easy: <_<

Tophe

Here are the parts I am going to use: <_<

Tophe

With the first drops of glue, and adding a little putty inside boom parts (to ease removing coolers later): <_<

Tophe

Cutting booms in two and adding putty (+ starting to remove coolers): <_<

JoeP

So, not pusher props then?

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Tophe

Thanks for this idea!
Well, it would be too much difficult (with my poor skills) from this kit, creating smaller double propellers or moving the engines more external, but as drawing this is fun to imagine, thanks! ;D
So here are the JoP-38A, B, C, J: <_<

Scotaidh

Quote from: Tophe on September 19, 2020, 09:45:53 PM
Thanks for this idea!
Well, it would be too much difficult (with my poor skills) from this kit, creating smaller double propellers or moving the engines more external, but as drawing this is fun to imagine, thanks! ;D
So here are the JoP-38A, B, C, J: <_<

If you go with your last picture, and make it a jet, you wouldn't need props ... but other issues might arise. 

"Stick to the plan, young man", my professors always told us.

:)

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

Uh? :unsure:
Yes, in JoP-38J (the 4th one), J stands for Jet, turboJet. <_<
That was not my intention, but JoeP's idea of pusher propellers pleased me (if I had skills enough), and the air intakes at the front of such engine pods made me think of jet pods. Nice surprise, going on. Now I go downstairs to PSR, which is not joy, this was like taking breath before returning to hard work. :-\

Scotaidh

Quote from: Tophe on September 20, 2020, 06:43:27 AM
Uh? :unsure:
Yes, in JoP-38J (the 4th one), J stands for Jet, turboJet. <_<
That was not my intention, but JoeP's idea of pusher propellers pleased me (if I had skills enough), and the air intakes at the front of such engine pods made me think of jet pods. Nice surprise, going on. Now I go downstairs to PSR, which is not joy, this was like taking breath before returning to hard work. :-\

I was looking for a famous-person quote that says "the results justify the struggle", but apparently no-one actually said that.  <shrug>  Oh, well - we all know it's true, or we wouldn't bother with PSR.  N'est-ce pas?  :)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Scotaidh on September 20, 2020, 09:33:08 AM

I was looking for a famous-person quote that says "the results justify the struggle", but apparently no-one actually said that. 

Yes they did, YOU said it.  ;D  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

;D Yes, and I am the one that said "I m the one that said "I am the one that said "I am the one that said... ;D

Scotaidh

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 20, 2020, 09:57:34 AM
Quote from: Scotaidh on September 20, 2020, 09:33:08 AM

I was looking for a famous-person quote that says "the results justify the struggle", but apparently no-one actually said that. 

Yes they did, YOU said it.  ;D  :thumbsup:

Well, yes, but I ain't famous - not even notorious.  :)