F-16X-114 (finished page 2)

Started by Tophe, August 21, 2020, 10:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Today I ordered my next model to build: Revell 1/144 F-16C (this is maybe the 4th I am building...).
My project is to make a WIG F-16 inspired by the Lippisch RFB X-114 (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFB_X-114 )
- inverted delta
- wings with strong anhedral and winglets with positive dihedral above stabilizing parts (floats or tanks)
- engine above the fuselage (I will use 2 jets one above the other, like on a BAC Lightning)
What I will make different from the X-114 is having 2 lateral fins (available in this kit) to avoid the central jet exhausts.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

This is the project of mine (not a normal F-16 :unsure:  :-\ )

McColm

Looks like this would be at ease landing and taking off on the sea :thumbsup:

Tophe

Thanks for the positive comment (not classifying my project as crazy), while I am not a pilot and everything is "easy" for me in daydream (or "uneasy" in nightmare)... ;D

McColm

Quote from: Tophe on August 22, 2020, 11:17:22 PM
Thanks for the positive comment (not classifying my project as crazy), while I am not a pilot and everything is "easy" for me in daydream (or "uneasy" in nightmare)... ;D
And I thought I was the only person who flew each of my builds in daydreams. I knew all those days sitting in various cockpits of aircraft would pay off.

Tophe

<_<

I have been informed that this model is currently out of stock. My order has been registered, and the money taken, while I should receive it by September 24th-28th only...
(I have ordered another model, twin-boom, but in China - cheap! - probably not home before October)

chrisonord

I am looking forward to seeing this one built  Tophe, it could  be a modern Flash Gordon  space ship. It would have to  be painted bright red and gold  too :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Tophe

The parcel arrived today, sooner than expected: <_<

albeback

I love this! :thumbsup:. I can just see it now with SPECTRUM or SHADO insignia!!

Allan
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Tophe

Thanks!

Here are the 21 parts I am going to use (among more than 108, this 108 being the number of one I am using): <_<

Tophe

A few drops of glue started the build: <_<

ericr

JoeP

Quote from: Tophe on August 21, 2020, 09:21:00 PM
This is the project of mine (not a normal F-16 :unsure:  :-\ )

Gerry Anderson would be proud.   :thumbsup:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Tophe

i am not copying Gerry Anderson (I never saw on TV his films) but maybe I am inventing now like he did. <_<

Nobody seemed to notice a discrepancy between my 3 views; is the tailplane just in front of the jet exhausts or far in front? (different answer depending if profile or from above), so I made two different better drawings, curing that, I will have to choose A or B: <_<

Tophe

No need to decide immediately A or B, but some truncation did happen: :unsure: