F-204Z Twin-Starfilter (finished page 2)

Started by Tophe, June 27, 2020, 12:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Waiting for my F-16 (Revell 1/144), I have ordered a double kit of F-104 (Mark 1 models, 1/144, 2 planes per kit). My goal is of course to make a zwilling F-104Z, but this is a true project (German F-104G TR see https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/lockheed-f-104g-tr-%C2%AB-twin-starfighter-%C2%BB-design.18149/ , we discussed about it here in 2003-205, see https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=1300.15 ). And to what-if much more, mine will be the F-204Z, with a length very much reduced, and maybe rocket engines (without air intakes).
I received the kit and today I plan to make a photo of the kit content.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

Tophe

Thanks!

Here is the kit box and content:

There were other versions available, and a little cheaper, but not immediately available.

Scotaidh

It's good to see you back, my friend.  :) 
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

Thanks! (I went to the cancer hospital and they say i am OK, just to check periodically now on hoping no other metastases come).

Here are the parts I selected to use:

And after the first drops of glue, it is taking shape (without what if side yet):

It is confirmed I will truncate it into a rocket twin plane.

Tophe

Here is as drawing the plastic project of mine: <_<

TallEng

That bottom side view, it's just :wub: :thumbsup:
I'd build the single version though, it's just so..

I'm burnin' through the sky, yeah
Two hundred degrees
That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit
I'm traveling at the speed of light*

Regards
Keith
*I apologize if I've given you an ear worm, but it is a rather catchy little tune?  ;D
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

NARSES2

Quote from: Tophe on June 27, 2020, 06:40:48 AM
Thanks! (I went to the cancer hospital and they say i am OK, just to check periodically now on hoping no other metastases come).

Great to hear Tophe. I've had some sad news recently (as a lot of us have) and hearing that has cheered me up  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Thanks a lot, I wish everybody good news about health of relatives and friends.

For the F-204Z, truncation occurred, transforming the turbojet 104s into rocket 204s:

Then front and rear parts have been glued together (confirmed as rear a little too large):

The next step will be less funny (PSR) :unsure: :-\

Tophe

I have added putty on the most huge joints: :unsure:

Next step: sanding. :-\

kerick

Good news about your cancer!
F-204 looks cool.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Tophe

The sanding paper destroyed the canopies' transparency but that is not a problem for me as I always paint my canopies black (as bird eye, without cockpit interior).

And now building the F-204Z is finished (just drying and painting remains to be done): <_<

TallEng

Looking good :thumbsup:
I hope you don't mind Tophe but I'm going to have a go at the single fuselage version?
The F-104 Star Filter. It will of course be in 1/72.
I might start a WIP later tonight.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Tophe

I feel honoured that my idea inspired someone else. With higher skills than mine (and bigger size/different scale), much better can be done. ;D