DONE @p.2 +++ 1:72 G.91X, Fuerza Aérea Hondureña, 1988

Started by Dizzyfugu, June 13, 2020, 12:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 20, 2020, 07:13:18 AM

A late artistic addendum: who does not remember this model kit from the late Nineties...? ;)

Well of course.  :thumbsup:

They sold out so fast that I never managed to get one. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

;D Those kits were rare back then and even more so nowadays...
I've wanted to buy one of the G.91Y to build as a PoAF whif. I've read something about them wanting to buy that variant instead of more R3/R4 ones but i haven't been able to find one at a good price so far... :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

Yes, that's true - this was my last one: I had been lucky to hunt down three of them over the years; one became a Swiss G.91YS (a real project that never materialized, though), one a post-Italian aircraft of th Polish Navy (MiG-17 replacement), and now the last one is gone. But I keep my eyes open for them, too, much potential.
Since the Yankee Gina comes with such a nice arrester hook, I wondered about a navalized version, with bigger wings and a taller landing gear...  ;)

ChernayaAkula

Lovely build all round, but the fake box-art takes the cake!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

jalles

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on June 21, 2020, 10:07:57 AM
Lovely build all round, but the fake box-art takes the cake!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Agreed, that Matchbox box really is awesome (the build is great too)  :thumbsup:

Weaver

Nice one Dizzy: it looks very convincing. :thumbsup:

An alternative scenario that occurs to me regarding the big-single-engined version is that it could use a non-US engine in order to get around US export restrictions on the J-85s. Since the -R used a British Orpheus, it could be a non-afterburning Avon maybe? A Spey would be too big.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Weaver on June 21, 2020, 11:46:16 AM
Nice one Dizzy: it looks very convincing. :thumbsup:

An alternative scenario that occurs to me regarding the big-single-engined version is that it could use a non-US engine in order to get around US export restrictions on the J-85s. Since the -R used a British Orpheus, it could be a non-afterburning Avon maybe? A Spey would be too big.

Thank you, and everyone else.

I actually considered a British Sapphire engine first (inspired by my recent A-4 build), but rejected that option in favor of the J52, since it was later used in the Skyhawk, too, and better fit the output range of the two J85s of the Yankee Gina. However, the J52 was/is much bigger and esp. heavier...  :rolleyes: