Author Topic: 2020 One Week Build - The Rules  (Read 706 times)

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
2020 One Week Build - The Rules
« on: June 04, 2020, 06:31:04 am »
Firstly apologies for my tardiness in getting this set up, but at last here they are.

Right here's the rules for this years One Week Build. Same as in previous years so there shouldn't be a problem.

Chris

1.  Group Build runs from 00.01 Saturday 13th June 2020 to 24:00 Sunday 21st June 2020 (all times local).

2)  Any subject, any scale - but must be a what if.  Profiles and stories also eligible.

3)  You may build, draw or write as many entries as you like (good luck!).  The posting of in-progress pictures is encouraged as always.  Back stories - however long or short - win extra points.  Well OK they don't but they're always nice to see.

4)  "Preparation" work is allowed prior to the start of the GB - this includes the cutting out and cleaning up of parts, even printing your own decals (!), but anything involving paint or glue is not allowed.

5)  Part-started models are not allowed - we are relying on the honour of our membership to uphold this rule.

6)  Moderator Ė Kitbasher (This year aided and abetted by me)

7) Shhhhhhhhh, never mention Rule 7 (or any other rule we deem to consider person non grata at the time of typing this)
Decals my @r$e!

Offline kitbasher

• bashes kits
Re: 2020 One Week Build - The Rules
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 10:29:33 am »
Good luck, peeps.  Iíll lock the finished builds thread at the end of the GB and soon after will set up the vote.

Although I'll probably end up needing one myself (Iíve at least one unfinished 1WGB build from years ago!) thereís no two-week extension!  :o
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 01:57:37 pm by kitbasher »
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Arrow/Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco GA.1/Barracuda/CASA 2.217/Corsair GR1/EE P12/Fw190D-15/Hawker P1104/Hawker P1067/Hellcat IV/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/Ki-61/Phantom FG1/Puffin/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Ta154/Val/Spitfire 25/FrankenCOIN/Twin Otter

Offline VickersVandal

• Kitbasher
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 01:49:42 am »
Would it include Tintin builds?
Biggles modelling loony.

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae

Offline kitbasher

• bashes kits
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 01:58:47 am »
Would it include Tintin builds?

Last time I looked Tintin wasnít real, so yes 👍

Plenty of Tintinnery on the forum already!
On the go: Arrow/Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco GA.1/Barracuda/CASA 2.217/Corsair GR1/EE P12/Fw190D-15/Hawker P1104/Hawker P1067/Hellcat IV/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/Ki-61/Phantom FG1/Puffin/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Ta154/Val/Spitfire 25/FrankenCOIN/Twin Otter

Offline VickersVandal

• Kitbasher
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 02:06:56 am »
Ta. Just wanted to be sure. Some consider what-if to only be alternate history type stuff.

This time of year I am in marking hell, but if I can get ahead on that in the next few days I'll join in.
Biggles modelling loony.

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 05:26:24 am »
Ta. Just wanted to be sure. Some consider what-if to only be alternate history type stuff.

We're a tad more broadminded than that  :angel:

Best of luck with the marking, I don't envy you at all.
Decals my @r$e!

Offline TomZ

• aka Zuid99
    • Airwar 1946
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 06:54:19 am »
Some consider what-if to only be alternate history type stuff.

What if Tintin really existed?

That's a what-if for you......

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Offline kitbasher

• bashes kits
IMPORTANT NEWS: 2020 One Week Build - The Rules
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 02:08:30 am »
NEWSFLASH!

I have consulted with the Forumís whifferati and they have consented to this exceptional measure.

Given all of the stuff thatís going on in the world at the moment, for this year only the One Week GB deadline will be extended.

This is in recognition of some of the challenges forum members are having to cope with at the moment.

So, the GB deadline is extended to 23:59 local time Wednesday 24 June 2020.  After that the completed builds thread will be locked and Iíll start setting up the poll, which right now will begin once the ĎIn the Navy GBí poll closes.

More news regarding the poll to follow.

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 05:02:57 am »
So this year it's a 'One & a Half Week Build'?  :-\

Almost time to build something else then, and Dizzy could three or four before Wednesday I'm sure.
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 05:09:07 am »
I wish you'd decided that sooner.  I could have corrected some mistakes.

Oh well, c'est la whiff.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere for your convenience..

Offline kitbasher

• bashes kits
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 10:24:54 am »

Oh well, c'est la whiff.

Sorry about that, zenrat.  I appreciate itís a bit late in the day, Iíve been a tad distracted supporting my mum this last week.

However I have been following the progress of a number of builds and became concerned that very few people would, for numerous reasons, be able to complete on time, potentially putting the viability of this annual GB in doubt.  So I consulted as indicated, hence the Exceptional extension.

I should have been clearer earlier today - the additional time is to let folks get builds theyíd already committed to over the finishing line.  It is not intended to allow for brand new entries.

Online AeroplaneDriver

• Not licensed to do this sort of thing
  • What-IF SIG
  • Busy repainting the Jetstream in Red Arrows colors
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 12:51:56 am »
The whole point of this GB is to build in a week, no?  It seems if anything the current world situation would make that easier not harder.  Sorry to be the voice of dissent on this but it seems a disservice to members who manage to finish in a week, perhaps cutting corners to do so, when at the very last minute the GB is extended by 50%. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:54:41 am by AeroplaneDriver »
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Offline Dizzyfugu

• Lots of works in my FlickR gallery
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 01:22:04 am »
Boo!  :unsure:

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 01:59:35 am »

Oh well, c'est la whiff.

Sorry about that, zenrat.  I appreciate itís a bit late in the day, Iíve been a tad distracted supporting my mum this last week.

However I have been following the progress of a number of builds and became concerned that very few people would, for numerous reasons, be able to complete on time, potentially putting the viability of this annual GB in doubt.  So I consulted as indicated, hence the Exceptional extension.

I should have been clearer earlier today - the additional time is to let folks get builds theyíd already committed to over the finishing line.  It is not intended to allow for brand new entries.

No need to apologise mate.  i was possibly being a bit petulant.
You're the mod, you make the decisions.

It should be noted that not everyone has been graced with extra model building time courtesy of this pandemic.  Some of us have found themselves working harder than usual.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere for your convenience..

Offline kitbasher

• bashes kits
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2020, 03:25:17 am »
No need to apologise mate.  i was possibly being a bit petulant.

Absolutely no you weren't.

It should be noted that not everyone has been graced with extra model building time courtesy of this pandemic.  Some of us have found themselves working harder than usual.

Thanks for the understanding.