Mc Donald Phantom 5 (finished page 3)

Started by Tophe, April 06, 2020, 05:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

As I did with the Tornado becoming Tornanard, my Mc Donnell F-4E Phantom 2 (Academy 1/144, ordered yesterday) will become a very small canard single-seater with maybe rocket engines (or very very short turbojets, depending on the possibility not to include air intakes)... <_<

There was only 1 in stock remaining, I hope this will not be cancelled checking the actual stock... :unsure: :-\
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

Looks like a Buck Rogers prop?  :rolleyes:

Tophe

Yes: at the end, with mirror copy, the zwilling version will have a double nose like Buck Roger's craft
see http://www.universalhartland.com/code/buck000m.shtml
<_<

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on April 06, 2020, 05:15:09 AM
There was only 1 in stock remaining, I hope this will not be cancelled checking the actual stock... :unsure: :-\
I have been informed that the parcel has been sent to me. So... if the virus permits the postman to deliver it, the Phantom 5 will become true (plastic but true)... ;D

Tophe

News! I received an E-mail: "Are you satisfied with this product? in case you have not received it yet, wait"
So: not immediately, but the parcel is clearly on its way... :-\ ;)

Tophe

Here is the top view of my project (rocket engine version, hoping the air intakes can can be removed without tons of putty): <_<

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on April 12, 2020, 09:39:42 AM
Here is the top view of my project (rocket engine version, hoping the air intakes can can be removed without tons of putty): <_<
In case the plastic will not be exactly what I hope, there is a turbojet version hypothesis: <_<

Tophe

The 4th of April (Greenwich time) I ordered an ink cartridge (to print the schoolwork of my son at home) then the Phantom model for myself. And today I received the ink cartridge ! So :
1/ The postman is not dead, not even in the hospital
2/ I will probably receive very soon the Phantom model...

JoeP

Makes me think of the Sky part of the UFO Skydiver.

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Tophe

Tophe

Drawing the turbojet-version top view, it seemed I cannot shorten the F-4 as much as I wanted.
But, adding the air intake on the profile, I see a possibility: shortening as I wanted while cutting away the wing-fuselage junction to reduce chord (and span, sorry PR19_Kit): :unsure: :-\ ;D

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

I have tried to illustrate my guilty project: :-\

Like Brenda Lee was singing: "Sorry... I'm sorry... So sorry... I was such a fool..." :-\ ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on April 17, 2020, 07:09:46 AM

Like Brenda Lee was singing: "Sorry... I'm sorry... So sorry... I was such a fool..." :-\ ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

The post email department told me today I should have the parcel in 2 days... The Phantom5 construction may start immediately Thursday. <_<