Canavia Tornanard (finished page 2)

Started by Tophe, March 13, 2020, 07:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

After my canard low-wing Harrier, I am now preparing to build a canard Tornado (also from Revell 1/144 kit).
The tailplanes will become foreplanes, the fin will come forward and the tail will disappear.
Probably it will be a single seater.
Maybe it will have low wing, not GV, I am not sure yet.
Depending on the plastic aspect, it will be a rocket plane without air intakes or "normal" for this part (apart of the very short length for turbojets without tail).
I have received the kit but not opened it yet.
<_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Here are the kit box and parts. The box aspect of the fuselage means this will stay a turbojet plane (not rocket plane discarding air intakes). :-\

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Thanks!

Quote from: Tophe on March 13, 2020, 07:41:24 AM
Maybe it will have low wing, not GV, I am not sure yet.
Uh, I was using GV for the French "Géométrie Variable" but in English this is VG (Variable Geometry), sorry. :-\ :unsure:

Tophe

After the first drops of glue, the final project appears: I will remove the turbojet box (that was the fuselage main part), for a very very short rocket plane. There will be no room for the fin on the centerline so maybe laterally (asymmetric)? <_<

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on March 14, 2020, 08:30:49 AM
for a very very short rocket plane. There will be no room for the fin on the centerline so maybe laterally (asymmetric)? <_<
The principle for length and fin will ne inspired by this Mirage I drew a long time ago: :unsure:

+ canard and no air intakes on the Tornanard

Tophe

First putty to close the rear of what is now "the complete fuselage"...  <_<

Tophe

This so small fuselage, so narrow, was not big enough for the normal wing, the normal jet exhaust couple, so I had to cut these parts...  <_<

Tophe

3 steps of update:
1/ As this will be a single seater, the central fin seems possible at last
2/ Gluing fin and wings gives a satisfying result but there is no room enough for the "foreplanes", letting it as tailless?
3/ At last, the foreplanes chord has been cut away (reduced) then these foreplanes have been glued on.

kerick

That looks really cool! I suggest some bright colors for a paint scheme. Maybe an air show team.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Thanks!
I am not able to make a complex painting, on a so small model (less than a finger size)... :-\
Usually I paint all sky blue unicolor but you are right I may use instead yellow color that was provided in a Revell kit years ago.

Tophe

Tophe

Painting the underside (an angle from which the model will never be seen when completed): :unsure:

Tophe

First layer of paint on the side above, now a single seater: <_<

ericr

it does indeed look like a race vehicle  ;)