Have to add my name to this list.

Started by The Rat, March 07, 2020, 03:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Recently traded kits with someone, and did an inventory on the one I sent off. Yep, everything there; sprues intact, clear bits, decals... Okay, wrap it and send it.

And then, just this morning, find that I had neglected to repack the instructions.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Let him know and said I would mail them ASAP, and he said not to worry, he would get them off the web. But I still feel like crap.  :-\
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

I'd forgive you Ratty.
Your heart is in the right place as shown by the fact you are remorseful and have outed yourself.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Making a mistake is unfortunate, but admitting to it and putting it right is most praiseworthy.   I'd put you down as a GOOD trader in the circumstances you describe.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on March 08, 2020, 12:39:18 AM
Making a mistake is unfortunate, but admitting to it and putting it right is most praiseworthy.   I'd put you down as a GOOD trader in the circumstances you describe.

Agreed  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Ratty

Anyone who contacts the buyer to tell them that they have made an error in shipment is a GOOD trader in my view  :thumbsup:

Done it myself mate.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

You can put my name here as well,  sorry :banghead:

Weaver

Just like to echo what's already been said Ratty. EVERYBODY makes mistakes, however good, bad or indifferent you are. What distinguishes the good from the bad is how you handle the mistake. In this case, you offered to do everything you possibly could to put it right, and the only reason you didn't do it is because the buyer declined your offer. This makes you a GOOD trader, not a bad one.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Old Wombat

Quote from: Weaver on March 08, 2020, 02:49:01 PM
Just like to echo what's already been said Ratty. EVERYBODY makes mistakes, however good, bad or indifferent you are. What distinguishes the good from the bad is how you handle the mistake. In this case, you offered to do everything you possibly could to put it right, and the only reason you didn't do it is because the buyer declined your offer. This makes you a GOOD trader, not a bad one.

Yup!

+1 :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rheged

I think we are all agreed     Please can we move this to the "Good Traders"  thread.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet