BAé Arrière (finished page 2)

Started by Tophe, February 08, 2020, 09:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

- I have ordered and now received a very cheap BAe Harrier GR7 1/144 Revell.
- My plan is to discard the tail (the tailplanes becoming canard foreplanes and the fin being moved forward), have a low wing, no jet exhaust and maybe no air intake, depending on the plastic aspect there.
- I imagine it is to export to France as Britiche Aérospass Arrière 7 (pronounced by French people as they pronounce British Aerospace Harrier 7). And « les Arrières » (to protect) means the Rear (of the army).
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

JayBee

That sounds very wierd, but then, where it is coming from, perfectly normal.
Looking forward to the photos.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Tophe

Thanks!

Quote from: JayBee on February 08, 2020, 11:08:43 AM
Looking forward to the photos.
The first pictures are not the what-if transformation yet but the kit content:

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on February 08, 2020, 09:26:10 AM
and maybe no air intake, depending on the plastic aspect there.
Ahem, there is no plastic inside the air intake, so I must let it there, otherwise that would require tons of putty...

PR19_Kit

When it's built there's a big fan that fills up most of that space in the intake. I think it's the round bit in the top pic you've posted, just to the right of the fuselage half on the left of the sprue.

I've got a few of those kits too, so I'm familiar with the way they go together.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

OK, so it will have air intakes, just the rest will be abnormal... :-\ :unsure: ;)

Tophe

The first drops of glue seem to make a normal Harrier, then cutting the wings starts the transforming. I wait for the glue to dry before truncating the tail (and fin):

ericr

:o :o :o
;D ;D ;D

The arrière is a perfect name  :thumbsup:

Tophe

Thanks!

I have truncated the tail (then the fin) and included a jet exhaust from the spare box (and a drop tank 1/72 to decrease the amount of putty): <_<

Tophe

First putty (to be completed, but too much at the same time would dissolve the plastic, I fear): :unsure:

Scotaidh

Now, that's a little five-engine hot-rod!   :thumbsup:
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

Thanks for the thumb up, while I am not sure it will have 5 engines at last: my project was to discard (cut away) the 4 lateral exhausts of the VTOL way (that is necessary I think to have a low wing below, changing completely the Harrier principle)...  :unsure: ;D

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on February 12, 2020, 02:47:34 AM
my project was to discard (cut away) the 4 lateral exhausts of the VTOL way (that is necessary I think to have a low wing below, changing completely the Harrier principle)...  :unsure: ;D
I have now cut away the lateral jet exhausts, easily (as Revell plastic is perfect for that, thanks to them), then I have filled the holes with putty (on one side as a beginning):

Tophe

Then putty on the other side:

Tophe

First sanding, then putty again: :-\