Author Topic: In The Navy GB - The Rules  (Read 2037 times)

Offline kitnut617

• That's got his tum rumbling already just by the sound of it.
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: In The Navy GB - The Rules
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2020, 06:19:26 am »
I'm waiting for a decal sheet to arrive from the UK, tracking number says it left the UK on the 5th (and no further tracking info since), still don't have it yet so an extension for my build would be nice just to be on the safe side.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2020, 06:25:42 am »
No. No it's not. I need one, too, if I'm to have a hope of finishing my one build.

Fred!?

Oh go on then. Two weeks extra?

<shuffles off trying to conceal a smirk while thinking about painting a boat and weathering a tank>
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

My name is Commander William Riker.  Take me to your women.

Offline zenrat

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2020, 06:28:53 am »
I'm waiting for a decal sheet to arrive from the UK, tracking number says it left the UK on the 5th (and no further tracking info since), still don't have it yet so an extension for my build would be nice just to be on the safe side.

Have you enquired of the Canadian Post Office if letters are still coming from the UK, and how?
I don't want to worry you but anything going from Aus to Canada is going by sea and taking up to 60 days.  Could be similar from the UK.

Hope i'm wrong though.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline kitnut617

« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2020, 08:25:36 am »

Have you enquired of the Canadian Post Office if letters are still coming from the UK, and how?
I don't want to worry you but anything going from Aus to Canada is going by sea and taking up to 60 days.  Could be similar from the UK.

Hope i'm wrong though.

Well the tracking notice said it was process though Langford and left by international carrier. The invoice from Hannants says Airmail. There's a Langford close to Hannants, and Langford is right near Luton Airport.

Offline kitnut617

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2020, 08:28:10 am »

I don't want to worry you but anything going from Aus to Canada is going by sea and taking up to 60 days.

Probably been sunk by a Chinese submarine, considering both our countries are having lots of problems with China   ;D ;D ;D

Offline zenrat

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2020, 06:46:14 pm »

Hope i'm wrong though.

Well the tracking notice said it was process though Langford and left by international carrier. The invoice from Hannants says Airmail. There's a Langford close to Hannants, and Langford is right near Luton Airport.

Sounds promising then.  I only know about stuff from Aus to Canadia which is why I suggested asking in the PO (if you are allowed to go there).  There could still be planes flying from UK.
They'll hate me for saying this but the Post Office staff should have access to more and better tracking information than you can access...
Fred

Offline kerick

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2020, 08:23:41 pm »
I could use an extension too. Way too much PSR and painting going on on my house!
There's someone in my head, but it's not me!

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2020, 05:54:59 am »

There could still be planes flying from UK.

There's still lots of cargo flights across the Atlantic. That radar plotting site that JayeBee linked shows them up a treat.

There's even some pax flights too, vis. a BA 777 inbound from Miami right now.
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline kitbasher

• What-IF SIG
  • bashes kits
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2020, 11:22:09 am »
No. No it's not. I need one, too, if I'm to have a hope of finishing my one build.

Fred!?

Oh go on then. Two weeks extra?

<shuffles off trying to conceal a smirk while thinking about painting a boat and weathering a tank>

Ooh yes please
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Arrow, Beaumaris, Battle, Bronco GA.1, Barracuda II, CASA 2.217, Corsair GR.1, EE P12, Hawker P1067, Hellcat IV, Ice Cream Tank, JP T4, Jumo MiG-15, Macchi MC.205, Phantom FG1, Puffin, Sea Hawk T7, Spitfire XII, Ta154, Val.

Offline zenrat

« Reply #84 on: Yesterday at 04:08:55 am »
OK, I haven't specifically heard from El Wombato on the subject but he does say back in the dim mists of antiquity (page 5 pf this thread) that he could do with an etension.

We'll therefore allow one.

Two weeks extra.  This GB will now finish local midnight Sunday 14th June 2020.  That's the midnight which falls between Sunday and Monday.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:12:28 am by zenrat »
Fred

Offline kitbasher

• What-IF SIG
  • bashes kits
« Reply #85 on: Yesterday at 04:12:55 am »
Phew!  Many thanks.
On the go: Arrow, Beaumaris, Battle, Bronco GA.1, Barracuda II, CASA 2.217, Corsair GR.1, EE P12, Hawker P1067, Hellcat IV, Ice Cream Tank, JP T4, Jumo MiG-15, Macchi MC.205, Phantom FG1, Puffin, Sea Hawk T7, Spitfire XII, Ta154, Val.

Offline kitbasher

• What-IF SIG
  • bashes kits
« Reply #86 on: Yesterday at 05:13:03 am »

There could still be planes flying from UK.

There's still lots of cargo flights across the Atlantic. That radar plotting site that JayeBee linked shows them up a treat.

There's even some pax flights too, vis. a BA 777 inbound from Miami right now.

Neighbour of mine is a hostie with A Major British Airline, currently working Out of LHR on the temporary freight conversions of passenger aircraft.
To and from NY the other day; out with gold and diamonds, back with medical supplies and.......a cat!

Offline 63cpe

• Targeted for assassination by JMNs
  • Humpty Dumpty was pushed!
« Reply #87 on: Yesterday at 05:25:21 am »
Phew!  Many thanks.

Ditto!

Thanks!
David aka 63cpe

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: Yesterday at 06:36:35 am »

To and from NY the other day; out with gold and diamonds, back with medical supplies and.......a cat!

I presume they knew about the cat before they left NY ?  ;D

Two weeks extra.  This GB will now finish local midnight Sunday 14th June 2020.  That's the midnight which falls between Sunday and Monday.

Day after the One Week GB starts  ;)
Decals my @r$e!

Offline zenrat

« Reply #89 on: Today at 04:49:05 am »
Yep, I knew that.
Its OK isn't it Chris?
You look after the 1WGB and Womby and I will sort the Navy Poll.

Everyone else can get in touch with our feminine sides and multi-task.
Fred