Model shops, L-space and Discworld

Started by Nick, January 12, 2020, 04:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

'A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read.'
Terry Pratchett

Does this mean that a good model shop/stash is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to build?  :rolleyes:

The theory of L-space is that all libraries are connected through time and space - Books = Knowledge = Power = (Force x Distance รท Time).
http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/index.php/L-space

Would M-space mean that all model stashes and shops are also connected?
Could it be that a suitably large pile of kits will bend the forces of time and space and lead to wormholes that link all good shops?

Are there long-lost hunters of rare kits endlessly searching through dusty boxes in attics and basements, hoping that their candles don't burn out and that the dreaded Carpet Monster doesn't chew through the string that leads them back to their own reality?

JayBee

I believe that the answer to that is a most emphatic        MAYBE!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

I'm convinced that models go wandering about when no one is looking (books certainly do) as it's the only explanation for not being able to find something one day and yet it's exactly where you thought it should be on the following day ! So M Space is as good an explanation as any  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

I am convinced that there is a mini black hole here that devours parts or kits on occasion

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Got to admit I have dreams like that sometimes. There are whole landscapes, buildings and areas of towns, including model shops, that I 'remember', but which I know for a fact don't exist. At least, they don't exist here...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on January 12, 2020, 10:56:39 AM
Got to admit I have dreams like that sometimes. There are whole landscapes, buildings and areas of towns, including model shops, that I 'remember', but which I know for a fact don't exist. At least, they don't exist here...

I have them.  I used to be convinced that one day i'd go to a new town i'd never been to before and recognise it.
In my dreams i was often chasing around looking for model shops but when I eventually found one they never had what I wanted.
I've since realised that this dream landscape (in my case it was a large island) was made up of bits of real places i'd been to plus places from books, TV & movies.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

So building stashes is just preventing critical  mass of models building up in shops

Rheged

Quote from: tigercat on January 14, 2020, 05:39:32 AM
So building stashes is just preventing critical  mass of models building up in shops

.........until criticality occurs within our own stash.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

I can see a Dr Who episode gradually taking shape here  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on January 14, 2020, 06:12:36 AM
Quote from: tigercat on January 14, 2020, 05:39:32 AM

.........until criticality occurs within our own stash.

OGL's stash must be pretty close to that level, and my Loft maybe too.  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

JayBee

Cats are not real. 

tigercat

It's for the greater good..  greater good

Hobbes

Well, it'd give OGL a convenient commute between his main stash and the annex.

I haven't been able to access M-space yet, clearly I need more models.  ;D