TBF-16W Falcon TB (finished page 2)

Started by Tophe, December 28, 2019, 12:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

TBF-16 does not stand here for Torpedo Bomber Grumman (Avenger) 16th version (very long after TBF-3), Waterplane, no. But it will be Twin-Boom Fun 16th, Weird glider, or True Basic Falcon 16th Wonder. The nickname is not (military) Avenger-II (which belonged to the McDonnell A-12) but something as Avgentle. My project is making it a short span sesquiplane with twin-boom tail (2 separate tails like He-111Z or Airtruk).
At 1/144th scale the Revell kit was selected because including 2 fins, perfect for my twin-boom project. Then my dear wife offered it to me for my 56th birthday, yesterday... ;D
Below are the kit content then the parts I am going to use (is nighthunter still interested to receive the weapons and decals or do I throw them in the garbage can?)

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on December 28, 2019, 12:13:48 AM

Then my dear wife offered it to me for my 56th birthday, yesterday... ;D

ANOTHER one of us with a birthday around  Christmas!

There's something about this time of year that generates people with creative minds.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 28, 2019, 01:08:58 AM
ANOTHER one of us with a birthday around  Christmas!
There's something about this time of year that generates people with creative minds.  :o
Maybe I have an explanation (unsure):
When we were kids, many of us received a single gift for Christmas and Birthday, being so close: "this is for Christmas AND your birthday as well". Not to become frustrated, compared to brothers and schoolmates receiving 2 gifts at distant moments, we took the very best of the gift we received, like half-building a kit following instructions (this being the first joy), then what-ifing it into something different (this being the second joy). Like 2 gifts in 1, for 2 celebrations being too close. No?

Scotaidh

Bon Anniversaire, mon ami!  :)  :)

(Sorry if I spelt that wrong - my reference is an Asterix book I bought in Chad.)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

Thanks! (and your writing is perfect, thanks to the cartoon)

I have started to build "normally", and this is the first joy I was speaking of: the normal F-16 is got, before the butcher will create the second one:

kerick

I can only try to imagine what is about to happen next! You never fail to surprise us! Carry on, my friend!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Thanks a lot! ;D
I forgot to say (but it was obvious on the second picture): not only are there 2 fins but 4 tailplanes, and I will use them all preciously. ;)

Tophe

The butcher came, and... I like what he made to the poor F-16, like improved.

NARSES2

Quote from: Scotaidh on December 28, 2019, 03:37:46 AM
Bon Anniversaire, mon ami!  :)  :)

(Sorry if I spelt that wrong - my reference is an Asterix book I bought in Chad.)

Indeed, Asterix and friends helped my French along as well. Always was, and still is, one of my favourite cartoons  :thumbsup: But I'm seriously impressed by the fact you got it in Chad. One of mine came from Marsailles and I thought that was exotic enough  ;)

Happy Birthday Tophe  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Tophe

The tiny FTB-16W is taking shape: <_<

Tophe

If it were a jetplane, it would be like this:

But as this will be a glider, the tails will have internal tailplanes as well:

Tophe

Last drops of glue on the underside before I paint it (the aspect is bad, but this angle will never be seen again when the model is finished): :-\

Tophe

When I started to paint the underside, all broke down! :-\ :angry:
The booms attachment was solid enough but not the wing to fuselage one. :unsure:
I will have to glue that again with reinforcement. What-if building is not an easy task! ;)