LF: 1/72 scale Matra Magic missiles

Started by PR19_Kit, October 17, 2019, 04:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

As above, I've got one, but the model really needs a pair, but try as I might I can't find a single kit in The Loft that includes them.

Which begs the question, where did the first one come from?  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Like Sidewinders but with double fins at the front?
Hasegawa Mirage F1C has a pair.
I built mine clean but I may have used them elsewhere.  I'll have a look in my weapons box tomorrow and get back to you.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 17, 2019, 04:01:03 AM
As above, I've got one, but the model really needs a pair, but try as I might I can't find a single kit in The Loft that includes them.

Which begs the question, where did the first one come from?  :-\

Didn't you get some of the Special Hobby Mirage F.1 Simple Kits (unboxed, no decal) Kit?

They've got a load of weapons, including Magics, on the sprues, even if none of it's mentioned in the instructions.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitnut617

I thought you had mentioned you had a Airfix/Heller NATO weapons set Kit, or was that someone else ---   :banghead:
Anyway, that box has them.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Army of One

I know I have a pair from a mirage F1.... I'll dig them out in the am.... Need any thing else...?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

I DO have the special Hobby F1 kit, yes. In fact I have two of them, but I looked in one this morning and it only mentions Sidewinders in the instructions.

AND I have the Airfix/Heller Weapons set as well, but I never thought about looking in that, doh! Sorry.

I'll have a re-dig through when I get home on Monday.

Thanks for all the ideas and offers gents, you're all stars.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Oops.....got a bit distracted.....kids for you, I'll check after the rugger tomorrow... 👍
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

strobez

I literally have eight of them in my hand from the multiple Academy F-8Es I'm building.  I've already got the address Kit... just tell me how many do you want?
Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

And I have two from the F1C.  You want a massively OTT load out Kit?
:mellow:
Fred

PR19_Kit

I actually only need one for the backstory, it's for the SNECMA Colibri VTOL fighter I'm building, but it would look quite good with a complete RING of the things all the way round the wing, wouldn't it?  ;D ;D ;) ;)

I quite like them, they're just different enough from a 'winder to be worth looking at, so I'll take all of them if that's OK with you please Greg.

Regards
Kit

strobez

They'll go out the door on Monday.  I checked again to be sure, sorry though, I only have 10.

Apparently that means I've bought five Academy F-8E kits... who knew? ;)  Two are being built right now... one is being repurposed and one is a known casualty of my earliest ham-fisted attempts at building a scale model "for real"... but I have no idea where that fifth one went.
Thanks!

Greg

PR19_Kit

How can you lose a whole Crusader?   :o

That'd be really great Greg, thanks a bunch.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 19, 2019, 09:06:08 AM
How can you lose a whole Crusader?   :o

That'd be really great Greg, thanks a bunch.  :thumbsup:

I think they lost a lot of them at Acre ... ;)

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit