Sukhoy S-141 Berputr 1/144 (finished page 2)

Started by Tophe, September 29, 2019, 04:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

I received from my model kit main provider a mail saying "it is a long time we haven't heard of you, to invite you visiting our site again please accept this discount personal offer"... this was not much but more than a first-price kit, so I went there (to get a kit for free?!). Among the cheapest ones was a F-117 1/144 Trumpeter kit, and my son dreams for months of building this (but like Real, not transforming...), so I ordered it, and for myself, I added a Sukhoy S-47 Berkut (also 1/144 Trumpeter and very cheap and available).
   So let me play imagining what I will do with this basis:

(delivery is scheduled for October 03rd, and this refers to 2019 I hope not 2020 nor 3019...).
   The new name Berputr is related to the French word "poutre" (pronounced as the English putr), twin-boom being "bipoutre".
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on September 29, 2019, 04:10:52 AM
cheap and available).
(delivery is scheduled for October 03rd
Last week I received a mail saying the availability was wrong on the site and they must get some physically again. :-\
Yesterday I received a mail saying the order has been now sent to me. <_<
So delivery may be soon now. ;D

Tophe

I got the kit today. That is the first Trumpeter kit I am going to build, made in China and looking good.

Tophe

Here were the parts I was going to use:

Tophe

Then the butcher came and what happened was: butchery:

TheChronicOne

Some major chopping going on here! Good deal.  :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Modelling_Mushi

Quote from: Tophe on October 12, 2019, 09:46:38 AM
Then the butcher came and what happened was: butchery:

I love that Tophe, so uber industrial.

Makes me want to take out the belt sander on my next psr fest  :wacko:
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

NARSES2

The dentist will see you now sir  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on September 29, 2019, 04:10:52 AM
Among the cheapest ones was a F-117 1/144 Trumpeter kit, and my son dreams for months of building this (but like Real, not transforming...), so I ordered it,
My son finished building his one (ready for black paint):

He wanted to make it like Real (his criterion of Quality, poor boy...), but I may smile, seeing one fin vertical and the other oblique (but shht, don't tell him) ;)

Tophe

And I advanced quite well on my model too:

Tophe

Turning the booms 90 degrees may be even better:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Thanks! <_<

Uh... by "both", did you mean
either my son's F-117 and my Berputr? (F-117Z below with mirror copy)
or the two versions of Berputr? (decided now, see below the next step)

Tophe

The last part has been glued on, then painting the underside (ugly side to be hidden soon):

Tophe

Now painting the side above:

After drying, I will paint the canopy black (tomorrow?) and it will be finished. <_<