2019 One Week Build - Discussion Thread

Started by NARSES2, May 29, 2019, 06:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right here's the discussion thread for this years One Week Build
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Boys and girls enjoy 1WGB19.  International moderating this year, partly in the UK, partly somewhere else.  Will sort the poll out on the Tuesday after the GB closes - I'm back from 'somewhere else' by then.
I won't be throwing my hat into the ring build-wise - my build rate at the mo is such that I can't manage the one year GB!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

I am toying with a few possibilities for this one.  I'd like to build something other than an aircraft (1/48 armour is a possibility) but one of Airfixes new mould single engined fighters in an alternative scheme is tempting.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I do know what I'm doing and it's a Wiff straight out of the box, so relatively straightforward hopefully
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I'd love to, but it's my revision period for a course I'm doing.  I'm on my second year of four, so I probably won't be able to take part until 2022! :o

If I can get my mojo going, I might do a self imposed 1 week after my exams in July.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Best of luck with the revision Mossie  :thumbsup: Something I haven't had to do for 42 years !!  ;D

Mossie

Thanks Chris! I was a teen-ager when I last took one.  Unless I count the NEBOSH H&S course which was forced upon me, and I don't, :shudder:

Ive got to do it around work. Most do two modules a year, but my assessors decided my workload would dictate one module, hence the 2021 end date.  I would have liked to have finished it this year, but they were right and I'm finding it difficult to fit just the one in.  Enjoying it though. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Maybe Dizz will get two done to make up for Mossie's absence?
;D

Best of luck with the exam.  I hated doing them (being a master procrastinator I am crap at revision) and when I finished my degree I swore i'd never do another again.  And so far I haven't.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

sandiego89

I always tell myself, keep it simple, keep it simple.....and then I don't.   

Think I have a straightforward one this time, in a single color! 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

zenrat

I will lose the Sunday due to Comic Con and the Monday due to Model Expo so I am going to attempt to build a 1/48 tank of the PDRV Republican Guard.  The plan is to glue it all together on Satyrday, prime it and then paint and weather it in the rest of the allocated week.
Wish me luck...
Fred

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on June 01, 2019, 06:17:02 AM
I will lose the Sunday due to Comic Con and the Monday due to Model Expo so I am going to attempt to build a 1/48 tank of the PDRV Republican Guard.  The plan is to glue it all together on Satyrday, prime it and then paint and weather it in the rest of the allocated week.
Wish me luck...

Good luck! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Mossie

Quote from: zenrat on June 01, 2019, 05:48:10 AM
Maybe Dizz will get two done to make up for Mossie's absence?
;D

Best of luck with the exam.  I hated doing them (being a master procrastinator I am crap at revision) and when I finished my degree I swore i'd never do another again.  And so far I haven't.

Thanks Fred!  I got seriously stressed this time last year, then did fine and felt a bit silly.  A few weeks ago I was starting to get like that as I was behind, I've caught up and had a word with myself.  Crazily, I'm already thinking what I might do afterwards.  o

Andrew Gorman

When does it start?  And end?  I am actually either home or at the ancestral homestead for the next couple of months so I have a lot of bits and pieces available, even if most of the paint has gone bad.

Andrew Gorman

Nevermind.... Found the other thread.  I am in. for something. 

Weaver

I've been suffering from a prolonged and deep loss of mojo (as some people may have noticed), however I have an idea which is definitely doable and may break this. On the other hand, I do NOT have the week off work, and some family stuff may take yet more time off me, so we'll see...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones