Kit'sdeKals go hi-tech, sort of.............

Started by PR19_Kit, April 25, 2019, 03:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Those of you who've had some of my home printed decals will know that they almost always come with a chunk of cardboard in the envelope in an attempt to prevent the various posties from bending the stuff.

Well from now on the cardboard will be replaced by some corrugated plastic sheets!  :thumbsup:

A local guy was getting rid of over 100 of these sheets on the Gloucester Freegle site (Freegle lets you post offers and wants for nothing, very handy sometimes) and I jumped at the chance, and I've just collected them all  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rheged

Decals AND a sheet of potentially Whiffable plastic too!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on April 25, 2019, 07:28:44 AM

Decals AND a sheet of potentially Whiffable plastic too!!

I'm not sure about that, the sheets are about 2 mm thick with 0.5 mm thick side skins with corrugated styrene in the middle. They might be OK for bulkheads and stuff but the corrugations 'print through' to the side skins so they're always a bit rippled.

They'd work a treat for the sides of B-52s though.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Ah, an "added value" pack. Smart marketing move!  :thumbsup:

AS.12

Another useful source of corrugated plastic are election placards, 'a friend' pops out with a pair of cable-cutters after the voting has finished and liberates some from local lamp posts...

zenrat

Looks like this?

We call it Corflute.  Which to my surprise (shouldn't have been thinking about it) is a trade name.  It's used for cheap printed signs.
Seeing as we have an election in 3 weeks there'll be lot of it surplus in 3 weeks and a bit...  ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: AS.12 on April 25, 2019, 09:03:49 PM
Another useful source of corrugated plastic are election placards, 'a friend' pops out with a pair of cable-cutters after the voting has finished and liberates some from local lamp posts...

Don't see many election placards like that in the UK, but some estate agent "for sale" signs might use similar material ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit