Breda Ba89 Caracal

Started by 63cpe, April 05, 2019, 02:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

Had to finish this for the IPMS Moorsele show this weekend. Will take beauty pics later.

IMG_20190405_220139228 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20190405_220159581 by Buddy Holly, on FlickrIMG_20190405_220117663 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20190405_220107993 by Buddy Holly, on FlickrIMG_20190405_220210247 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20190405_220059499 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20190405_220139228 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

David aka 63cpe

loupgarou

Beautiful. Fantastic camo job.
I hope you'll give also details of the parts used.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

63cpe

Sure Loupgarou: it's an 1/72 Airfix mosquito fuselage ( underscale for the JNM's) with Airfix Mitsubishi Dinah Wings and engines, Airfix Do217 props and Azur Potez 63-11 tailplane and stabilo. Can't remember were the canopy was sourced.

Hope you like it!

David aka 63cpe

loupgarou

I had guessed the french tail, but the other parts are so well blended together, I had no idea of their origin.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

63cpe

Yep, a french tail. I was surprised how well the wings matched the fuselage. For the props to fit i needed to add 3 mm at each root. That's the only styrene i used.

It's a whif i dreamed up as a heavy fighter variant of the underwhelming and unsuccesfull Breda Ba 88. Still one of the best looking italian WW2 aircraft IMHO.

David aka 63cpe

zenrat

I thought it looked Japanese...

...but I thought you'd just done a paint whiff on one of their planes.
Excellent bit of kit bashing.  It all works together so well.

How did you do the camo?  Hand painted?  Masked?  Decaled?  Trained ants with tiny airbrushes?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Dizzyfugu

NARSES2

Quote from: 63cpe on April 06, 2019, 12:25:59 AM

It's a whif i dreamed up as a heavy fighter variant of the underwhelming and unsuccesfull Breda Ba 88. Still one of the best looking italian WW2 aircraft IMHO.

David aka 63cpe

My first thoughts were "it's a development of the Breda 88", and I agree it's a nice looking airplane, but then I have a soft spot for most things Italian.

I thought I recognised the wings and tail, but would never have thought Mosquito for the fuselage. Cracking mix of parts  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Modelling_Mushi

Gorgeous build, had me thinking Tu-2 for a while.
Let us know the reaction when you show this one off.
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

63cpe

Thanks!

That's camp was done by trained ants...tool me quote a while to het it right.:-)

No, it was decalled with Mike Garant decals "scicili 1941"  so I guess that where it's framed in time.

We'll see what the "crowd" thinks of this model. Ipms Moorsele show is tomorrow. Hobbes and TomZ are around.

Cheers, David

zenrat

Thanks Dave.
I have some decals for similar Japanese camo.  I hadn't thought of using it on an Italian build until now.  It would be interesting to see if anyone picked it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

63cpe

Your welcome Fred. Just a hint for applying the decals: cut the " blobs" seperatly....don't cut corners. Take your time! They're really thin and are wasted instantly once you don't slide them carefully of the paper!

David

NARSES2

Quote from: 63cpe on April 06, 2019, 01:36:29 PM

No, it was decalled with Mike Garant decals "scicili 1941"  so I guess that where it's framed in time.

I have a couple of those Mike Grant sheets as well. They are the ones he did for the Macchi 2005, although some got used on a Me 109. Must admit I learned to cut them out individually the hard way  :-\

I've some of the Japanese ones Fred. Again I think they are specifically for a Hein, but I plan using them on a couple of other things, one of which will be Italian.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.