2019/2020 GB Season suggestions.

Started by NARSES2, April 01, 2019, 06:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Trikes and taildraggers: just what it says, take any aircraft and swap the landing gear arrangement. It's easy to change a tricycle gear to conventional, but a fair bit of surgery to go the other way. I'm sure Dizzyfugu could whip one up either way in a week.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on April 25, 2019, 01:55:25 PM

I'm sure Dizzyfugu could whip one up either way in a week.  ;D

As long as THAT?!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: The Rat on April 25, 2019, 01:55:25 PM
Trikes and taildraggers: just what it says, take any aircraft and swap the landing gear arrangement. It's easy to change a tricycle gear to conventional, but a fair bit of surgery to go the other way. I'm sure Dizzyfugu could whip one up either way in a week.  ;D

Neat idea Ratty. I've done it with a couple of types, one being the old Airfix DH Comet racer, and as you say it can be an interesting process turning it into a nose wheel jobby  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

NARSES2

Right I'll be pulling the ideas together some time next week once the "request for suggestions" closes on the 30th April. Hopefully then I'll get the initial ideas up for comment before sorting the Poll out in the same way as last year. The Poll will then run for a couple of weeks with the first GB of the 2019/2020 Season opening on the 1st July.

The One Week Build will start on Saturday 8th June and finish on Sunday 16th June. I know that will clash with the inevitably extension to the current G.B. but if I'm honest I don't think that is to much of a problem as we've dealt with it that way before and it does mean I can keep to a schedule of the GB season running during a calendar year and not taking 13/14 months.

Things are a little tighter then I would like and that's down to me. I do have an excuse, but you know what they say about excuses ?  :rolleyes: Anyway I've made a note in my diary to kick the process off a little earlier next year, all being well.

Thanks again for your enthusiasm and patience.

Chris

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on April 25, 2019, 02:30:59 AM
Quote from: Rheged on April 25, 2019, 01:55:55 AM
Of course you could play mind games with the uneducated: - The Namib Desert Lifeboat Organisation.   A desert  lifeboat service, obviously a joke but...........................

Being geographically literate individuals, you will all be aware that part of the Namib Desert  is the so called "Skeleton Coast"; the deserted and highly treacherous shoreline that makes up Namibia's Atlantic border

On this principle, I once Googled "Nebraska Lighthouse" just to check that my silly idea really was silly, and I discovered that there actually are five...  :rolleyes:

Aaaaand then, out of nowhere, this appeared in my Twitter feed with no context:

Posted by Reverend Bark Cowcatcher, here: https://twitter.com/BCowcatcher/status/1120995406501097472
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 27, 2019, 02:30:46 AM
...The One Week Build will start on Saturday 8th June and finish on Sunday 16th June...

Well how about that.  I appear to have a weeks leave booked and nothing to do (other than go to Model Expo on the Monday).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 29, 2019, 06:19:16 AM
Serendipity or what ?  :mellow:

Yes, which makes me suspicious.  Life doesn't often cooperate with me like this.

Going back to campers from anything, this article was on display at the Lake Boga Flying Boat Museum.
20190428_135159 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Right gents, that's it I'll now lock this thread and start working at collating all the suggestions.

Hopefully I will get the prospective runners in the 2019/20 Poll out for comment by the end of the week. I'll leave them open for 10 days or so, so that people can check I haven't missed anything or watered things down a bit to much where I combine some subjects so as to give them a better chance in the Poll. That will stay open for another couple of weeks and we will kick the GB season off on the 1st July after the normal curtain raiser of the 1 Week GB has been run.