C-130, Pegasus vectored thrust engined *finished + more pictures*

Started by sandiego89, March 10, 2019, 12:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I think I calculated you would need at least 16 of the radials...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on March 13, 2019, 12:28:12 AM

And that's wrong because..................?  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 13, 2019, 01:50:16 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 13, 2019, 12:28:12 AM

And that's wrong because..................?  ;D ;)

You'd need another 4, at least, to counter the extra weight of engines. ;) :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Great stuff. It's funny, after watching all of the VTOL action at Yuma I was just thinking about large VTOl a/c. This fits the bill ! Love that herc from the Perth show.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sandiego89

Engine work has commenced. 

I will cast 4 resin vectored thrust Pegasus engines using the mid body of a Harrier.  Sadly a Harrier has been sacrificed- chopped of the wings, nose and tail. Repositioned the side intakes to form a single intake 

Here is the master primed. Decided to keep the heat shields, nacelle design pends...

Made a 2 part master mold.

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kitnut617

Quote from: sandiego89 on March 16, 2019, 08:43:29 AM
Engine work has commenced. 
Sadly a Harrier has been sacrificed- chopped of the wings, nose and tail.

Two Harriers got sacrificed for this project, I used some airliner engine fronts of a different scale which worked out to be the right diameter

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jalles

That's looking great! So you're casting resin using the plaster mold, I don't think I've ever seen that before. How well does it work? Is it better than a rubber mold?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Very interesting  :thumbsup:

Seeing the plaster mould takes me back. We used to use plaster to make the moulds from which to cast white metal figures back in the day. You had to make sure the plaster had thoroughly dried out though or it got a tad exciting  :wacko: Then resin came along and I haven't seen plaster moulds since, certainly not seen resin being cast in plaster. Really interested to see how this turns out. Good luck  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

Quote from: jalles on March 16, 2019, 02:59:14 PM
That's looking great! So you're casting resin using the plaster mold, I don't think I've ever seen that before. How well does it work? Is it better than a rubber mold?

I suspect the mould's life will be significantly shorter than a comparable rubber one, from my experience in using both.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

sandiego89

The mold is rubber. Specifically Alumilite RTV Silicone. Just looks like plaster due to the color.  Made it two part, as it would likely be impossible to get the shape out of a single piece mold. I have never made a plaster mold.  I have only made a few RTV molds before. 

Dave "Sandiego89"

jalles

Quote from: sandiego89 on March 17, 2019, 09:48:59 AM

The mold is rubber. Specifically Alumilite RTV Silicone. Just looks like plaster due to the color.  Made it two part, as it would likely be impossible to get the shape out of a single piece mold. I have never made a plaster mold.  I have only made a few RTV molds before. 

Ha, Ha!  I think my eyes saw "part master mold" and somehow I merged part + master to plaster  :banghead: