BA3 Model 1934 Armoured Car: Finished Pics Page 5

Started by zenrat, July 28, 2018, 02:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Enough with the flying things already.  What this GB needs is some more armour... :wacko: *

BA3 Model 1934 Armoured Car 1/35 by Zvezda.
Armoured Car BA3 Model 1934 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
To have a Rolls Royce style turret.
BA-3 Rolls Royce Turret 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Paint job will be based on this.
BA3 Scheme 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I started today.  The body has gone together well.  Some flash but fit is very good.  Turret will be cut down.
BA3 WIP 28-07-18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

*and some floaty things.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

The original turret looks pretty beefy, how come the car didn't turn over when they fired the gun?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Original turret was from a T26 light tank - 45mm gun.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Turret now correct size.
Needs filler and rivets.  In fact the whole thing is short on rivets.

Anyone got a 1/35 Vickers Gun barrel they don't want?  I'm planning to scratch one up but being bone idle... ;D

BA3 WIP 31-07-18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

NARSES2

Now that looks the part  :thumbsup:

Vickers and Boy's AT rifle ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on July 31, 2018, 02:56:11 AM
Anyone got a 1/35 Vickers Gun barrel they don't want?  I'm planning to scratch one up but being bone idle... ;D

I've got a few Vickers guns. No, you can't have any, I need them. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 31, 2018, 07:08:40 AM
Now that looks the part  :thumbsup:

Vickers and Boy's AT rifle ?

Just the Vickers.  I have the Roden Royce Armoured Car with the Boys and the Vickers and a Lewis so this will have a Vickers and some Brens.

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 31, 2018, 08:26:14 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 31, 2018, 02:56:11 AM

I've got a few Vickers guns. No, you can't have any, I need them. ;D

Fairy nuff.  I would hang on to them too.  I just need the barrel which I think I can cobble together from tube and rod.
A visit to the LHS is also in order to examine their 1/35 figure/accessory sets to see if they happen to have one containing a Vickers.

Hmmmm, I can get 1/32 Vickers Machine Guns from shapeways.  Do we think these will be obviously too large?
I'm not sure.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/KVS8JDNSF/six-1-32-scale-vickers-machine-guns?optionId=66752717&li=marketplace
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 01, 2018, 04:39:49 AM

Hmmmm, I can get 1/32 Vickers Machine Guns from shapeways. 

Yes, but can you afford the mortgage instalments?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

I have 2 Vickers you can have. PM me.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 01, 2018, 04:39:49 AM

Hmmmm, I can get 1/32 Vickers Machine Guns from shapeways.  Do we think these will be obviously too large?
I'm not sure.

Say it's the 0.5" version  ;D

zenrat

I smeared some filler on the turret today.

Quote from: nighthunter on August 01, 2018, 06:48:21 AM
I have 2 Vickers you can have. PM me.

PM sent.
Fred

zenrat

A bit more progress today.
I attached the last part of the body (the front mudguards and rear panel), painted the chassis and engine black and started work on the suspension.

Fred

zenrat

Today was wheel prep day.  Eleven wheels (each consisting of a solid half and a rim) removed from the sprue, cleaned up, stuck onto a strip of tape and then primed. 

Not my favourite task.  But now out of the way.
Fred

zenrat

Wheels airbrushed.  Badly.  I need to go over them with a brush.  Somedays I just can't seem to get the settings right on the airbrush.  This weekend contained two of those days.
Fred