RAF Defiant

Started by NARSES2, June 28, 2018, 03:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Well this will be the starting point for the first of my planned 3 builds.

Just a change of paint scheme for this one

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Got a little bit of work done yesterday, at least made a start
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

No progress unfortunately. I've managed to get an eye infection, so lots of yellow muck messing about with my vision, which isn't the best normally  :banghead:

Doctor reckons should be o.k. in a few days.

loupgarou

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 10, 2018, 07:15:55 AM
No progress unfortunately. I've managed to get an eye infection, so lots of yellow muck messing about with my vision, which isn't the best normally  :banghead:

Doctor reckons should be o.k. in a few days.

Ouch! I hope you'll be OK soon.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Thank you. I think the problem's been caused by the recent sunlight and not wearing dark glasses  :banghead: More importantly the Doc. has the same view  :angel:

NARSES2

Suffered a bit of a relapse with the eye condition last night at about 9-45p.m. (no it wasn't the football  :angel:), but hopefully should be ok to resume modelling tomorrow. Saw doc this morning and she basically said "give it another 24 hours, and then you should be o.k.". I love it when doc's use the "should" word  :rolleyes:

Old Wombat

Medicine is not an exact science, in fact is more dark arts with a science degree, because people are so flippin' individual in how they react & respond to diseases & treatments.

It's a wonder anything works on more than one person. :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 12, 2018, 07:14:51 AM
Medicine is not an exact science, in fact is more dark arts with a science degree, because people are so flippin' individual in how they react & respond to diseases & treatments.

It's a wonder anything works on more than one person. :o

Which is why the NHS  :bow: is starting to seriously consider the idea/concept of personalised medicine. Once individual DNA analysis becomes the norm then it opens up whole new vistas.

NARSES2

Dr's given me the all clear so hopefully get some work done on her this weekend, especially as I'm not as bothered with the football as I could have been and Wimbledon should be banned as far as I'm concerned  ;)

NARSES2

Progress  :thumbsup:

The airframe is basically finished. A combination of Airfix's modular construction, good fit (although see below) and paint drying extremely quickly in this heat has meant that progress has been rapid, at least by my standards, Dizzy wouldn't necessarily agree  ;D Should be able to start on the camouflage scheme tomorrow providing it's a little bit cooler.

This is my second build of this new tool Airfix kit and in a strange way I'm glad to say I had exactly the same area's requiring p.s.r. as in my first build of it. Why am I glad ? Well it means it's the kit and not me (probably anyway). There are two area's on the top of the fuselage and one on the lower that need the tiniest bit of p.s.r . The lower and one of the upper area problems are caused by sprue location marks, but the one on the nose isn't. There is an issue with the moulding. As said it is absolutely minor and a couple of strips of tape (to keep the green stuff actually needing sanding to a minimum) and some quick sanding and they are fixed. Meanwhile the wing fuselage and tail plane to fuselage fit is brilliant.

There are 3 sprues in this kit and they could have almost been tooled by 2 different people ? The sprue gates on one sprue are thicker and far more inconveniently placed then on the other 2 for instance and the detail on some parts is softer than on others. The wheel hub detail for example is quite hard to pick out when painting it, whereas on other recent Airfix kits it's brilliant. So a bit of a curate's egg, but still a decent kit.

NARSES2

Main painting has been started.  :thumbsup:

Progress has been a little slow, combination of the extreme heat of late (extreme for UK  ;D) and the fact that this old world of ours has been getting me down a bit  :-\ Coming out of that a bit now, so hopefully progress will be made over the next few days.

Meanwhile started looking at the bits for build No 2. It's a complete resin kit and the first task is to figure out up/down and port/starboard for some of the parts  :unsure:

NARSES2

Painting progressing well and I've sorted the scenario out that this build will sit in.

NARSES2

Upper colour's are done, just need to do the lower surfaces now. I'm not being daft it's just that they are the darkest. Hopefull transfers on early next week and she should be finished by the end of the week.

Started to clean up the bits for my second planned build and looked at the parts for my third. Found out that because of the way the Italeri Spitfire V is moulded I won't need to do as much cutting as I initially thought  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

She now has her transfers, so just the fiddly bits to do. Should get them done this week and then post pics latter in week.

Once done I'll get the threads for my next two builds for this GB started. I'm desperately trying to only work on one project at a time, but it's proving difficult  :banghead:

NARSES2

Fiddly bits done so it's just photos and some sort of scenario to set her in to sort out. So should be up over the weekend.