scratchbuilt Lightning-racer

Started by Tophe, April 28, 2018, 08:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Yesterday, I came back home from a painful surgery, once again, and my lovely son (8 year old) built for me a twin-boom model.
Not a kit but a scratchbuilt made with the 3D-Doodler pen he got for Christmas from his grand parents.
The colours are good for Reno and I prefer that rather than killer decoration.
He uses for source the 3-view in "60 silhouettes d'avions alliƩs", a booklet given by a friend of mine. The canopy on the profile has been interpreted as 2 fins on the wings, this is funny. I will try to draw this with my usual angle.
I am happy...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

From the toy, almost "credible" derivatives:

deathjester

Beautiful !!  Slightly melty - looking, and somewhat bright, but Beautiful !!

What a nice welcome home  :thumbsup:

kerick

The model is great and your son sure knows how to make Dad feel better!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

My son loved your comments (that I translated in French for him), and he was so proud to be judged "a good son" that he built a second Lightning for me!
Thanks to all! :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Cool!!!! 

I need one of these pen thingies!
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Thanks!
Here is another angle, featuring undercarriage and position on the "ground". No rear main undercarriage, this is truly what-if Lightnings... ;D

Ed S

WOW. Nice to see kids with creativity tied with new tech.
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Tophe

I asked my son why there are no fins on the green one and he showed me his project: a double-twin-plane:

To make the photo graph without fingers, I have made it solid with adhesive tape, it is not yet plastically glued (if ever) ;)

Tophe

Yesterday for father's day, my 9 year-old son Jacky offered me a weird airplane (still made in 3D with his 3D-pen), a kind of circular-wing F5U-5P (P for pentagon)...

This is not a Lightning anymore, nor a twin-boomer but I am a happy father... ;D

NARSES2

Well I'd not heard of a 3D pen before now. Fascinating  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

b29r

This is very exciting and a proud moment for Son and Dad!  It's great to know that the younger generation still has interest in things modelingwise.  And, the apple never falls far from the tree, they say  ;)

Best regards,
Kem

Tophe

Thanks!

And... Daddy made the drawing of Lightning pentagoned derivatives... ;)