Wanted, 1/72nd scale hobby craft cf-105 arrow canopy.

Started by chrisonord, January 08, 2018, 08:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I think I have surpassed myself with the long shot here. I am trying to make my Avro Archer a reality, and the kit canopy is missing, and the master casters canopy is an absolutely non fitting PITA!!. Seriously dimming my bulb with this. Does anyone have a surplus one, who has converted theirs with a different canopy?
Cheers
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitnut617

I can actually do better than that Chris. I can supply you with one of the many vacuform canopies I've got in the box when I bought the Victoria Products Avro Arrow moulds. Sorry can't post a pic here, I'll email you a pic of it.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

And what Robert says is true, I have two of his Arrow kits and they're the business!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 08, 2018, 09:24:33 AM
I can actually do better than that Chris. I can supply you with one of the many vacuform canopies I've got in the box when I bought the Victoria Products Avro Arrow moulds. Sorry can't post a pic here, I'll email you a pic of it.
Are these kits still available Robert/ Kit as I can't find a hobbycrap one anywhere, neither the old inaccurate kit or the recently released updated one
Chris

kitnut617

Quote from: chrisonord on January 08, 2018, 11:00:02 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on January 08, 2018, 09:24:33 AM
Are these kits still available Robert/ Kit as I can't find a hobbycrap one anywhere, neither the old inaccurate kit or the recently released updated one
Chris

When I bought the moulds, the box that they came in had what I thought was forty odd sets of already formed sheets for the kit. I started selling them and then after moving about twenty of them found that the remaining kits had a sheet missing.  I had sourced a vacuform machine so I could form the missing sheets but the seller was still using it but said I could acquire it after he had done with it. But then I had moved out into the country and not been into town for a few years so when I eventually went to the hobby shop to see if the machine was still available, found the place all closed up and a note pinned to the door saying 'gone out of business'.  I've still got to get the missing sheets formed so I can sell the remaining stock but it hasn't been a priority lately.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

No  problem Robert,
I am best staying away from them being vac form kits anyway. I will no doubt find a hobby crap kit somewhere sometime.
Cheers.

JasonW

Quote from: chrisonord on January 08, 2018, 01:25:33 PM
No  problem Robert,
I am best staying away from them being vac form kits anyway. I will no doubt find a hobby crap kit somewhere sometime.
Cheers.
I THINK I may have a partially built Hobbycraft Arrow I got in a collection buy a while ago. I'll have a look when I get home. If I've got it I'll be more than happy part with it. The downside is I'm in the US, so no idea how much shipping will be (shouldn't be much one would imagine).

I'll send a pic of the kit if I find it in my disaster of a basement.
It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

- George Burns