resin Statodingue...

Started by Tophe, January 07, 2018, 04:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Yesterday I had the great joy to receive the 2 copies I have ordered of Caillette Statodyne E (Sharkit models).
My project is not to build this project in a 1st degree what-if spirit (what-if it had been actually built scale 1?)
My goal is to invent a 2nd degree what-if: what if a X-wing derivative had been designed?...
Crazy? Yes I am... :rolleyes: ;D

PS. In my French language, Statodingue sounds as Statodàng (meaning Statocrazy), not Statodinguee.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

I was searching for a front view to Photoshop it into the wanted X-wing of my dreams, but I have not found it yet.
A similar layout is found on a US patent of Georges Caillette about unmanned VTOL:

NARSES2

Those mouldings look really nice Tophe, but then they are Sharkit  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

It looks like Ren has really upgraded the quality of his kits ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Tophe

Yes, the parts look very good, I hope my bad skills will not destroy them, butchering (sorry...)

Quote from: Tophe on January 07, 2018, 07:52:08 AM
I was searching for a front view to Photoshop it into the wanted X-wing of my dreams, but I have not found it yet.
On the principle I can draw it with Corel Draw:

Tophe

The Statodyne E subpart is taking shape ;D

Tophe

Tophe

Then it was almost finished:

I was very afraid to broke the vacformed clear part. But I failed only once and succeeded on the other one, almost:

I thought the rest of the clear part would go to garbage, of course, but my 8 y.o. son Jacky said this is a volcano, "please daddy give it to me, please..."

Tophe

The Statodingue 1/72 prototype/single-seater was not what-if/crazy/funny enough for me: I have decided to build the 1/250 liner derivative:

First drops of paint:

NARSES2

Oooooh, it's tiny  :o

Well done Tophe  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Well, the microjet single-seater with prone pilot is not as big as a Spitfire... but the 1/72 Statodyne is the size of a 1/144 Spitfire approximately...

Tophe

Finished!:

Much better may be done with this nice little kit, but crazier than my dream seems a challenge... ;)