1/72 Kalinin K12 by Mikromir to be released in november

Started by 63cpe, October 02, 2017, 11:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

I noticed at the website of the local kitstore the Kalinin K12 is to be release in 1:72 by Mikromir...Although pretty steep priced, i'm a buyer!
A whif in a box& lots of potential for even wilder whiffery!

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/kalinin-k12-expected-november-2017-mm72-013-mikro-mir-mm72-013-vliegtuig-modelbouw/product/?action=prodinfo&art=149113

Anyway, I'm delighted!

David

The Wooksta!

I've been waiting for this since they announced it.  The sprue shots look fantastic.  I'm leaning towards Spanish Republican (possibly post war Nationalist) or captured Finnish aircraft.

They've also announced another Kallinin type, the K7, and I *really* want one of those!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: 63cpe on October 02, 2017, 11:00:14 AM
I noticed at the website of the local kitstore the Kalinin K12 is to be release in 1:72 by Mikromir...Although pretty steep priced, i'm a buyer!
A whif in a box& lots of potential for even wilder whiffery!

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/kalinin-k12-expected-november-2017-mm72-013-mikro-mir-mm72-013-vliegtuig-modelbouw/product/?action=prodinfo&art=149113

Anyway, I'm delighted!

David

Ohhh I whant at least one of those  :wub: :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 02, 2017, 01:57:14 PM
That looks HUGE! How ever big is it in 1/72?

Given the alleged wingspan of 53 metres, at 1/72 that's about 7.761 metres (a lot!) and fuselage length is said to be  28 metres ....about 3.88 metres approximately.  I think you are going to need a substantial display space.  It's about 1.72 metres tall.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on October 02, 2017, 02:08:33 PM

Given the alleged wingspan of 53 metres, at 1/72 that's about 7.761 metres (a lot!) and fuselage length is said to be  28 metres ....about 3.88 metres approximately.  I think you are going to need a substantial display space.  It's about 1.72 metres tall.

I think your calculator's batteries are dying.   ;D

It's actually 0.761 metres in 1/72 scale, which is 'only' 29 ins or so. Certainly large, but not impossible, allowing for a humunguous model shelving programme.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 02, 2017, 02:34:16 PM
Quote from: Rheged on October 02, 2017, 02:08:33 PM

I think your calculator's batteries are dying.   ;D

It's actually 0.761 metres in 1/72 scale, which is 'only' 29 ins or so. Certainly large, but not impossible, allowing for a humunguous model shelving programme.

Yup, you're right. Solar calculator  that doesn't seem to like tungsten light.  There's a few wild escaped decimal points roaming the landscape here!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on October 02, 2017, 02:40:53 PM

There's a few wild escaped decimal points roaming the landscape here!

Don't worry about them, the border patrols will nab them for sure.  ;D ;)

Either that or the guys in the sandy berets will use them for target practice...........

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 02, 2017, 01:22:35 PM
I've been waiting for this since they announced it.  The sprue shots look fantastic.  I'm leaning towards Spanish Republican (possibly post war Nationalist) or captured Finnish aircraft.

They've also announced another Kallinin type, the K7, and I *really* want one of those!

Just In at Hannants under Future Releases, no price yet.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

The K7 looks like its made out of lego.

I will have to have one though. 
In 1/72 its span will be 74cm and its length 39cm.

IRL only one was built.  It crashed on its ninth flight when, while flying at an altitude of 100m a tail boom broke off.  The pilot, 13 crew and one passenger were killed.  Five crew survived.
Were there any other seven engined aircraft?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on March 12, 2020, 02:59:29 AM
The K7 looks like its made out of lego.

If you accept engine test airframes, how about this testbed Lancaster

SW342 Mk3 Armstrong Siddley Mamba in nose Viper and Adder in tail positions

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on March 12, 2020, 02:59:29 AM

The famous Orenda Iroquois engine testbed, which was a loaned USAF B-47 with one HUGE Iroquois perched under one tailplane.

Regards
Kit