Welcome to The 2017 Whiffie Awards Show

Started by tc2324, July 02, 2017, 11:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Awesome job on the certificates, tc! Brilliant! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TomZ on July 06, 2017, 04:39:44 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 06, 2017, 01:51:57 AM
Awesome job on the certificates, tc! Brilliant! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

+1

TomZ

Yup, great stuff! I'm thinking of printing mine and framing it, it is my first modelling prize ever so you can be sure i'm proud. :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Mine's been printed and is going on the modelling room wall  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Great stuff guys ! Thanks for the show, very entertaining ! I'm defo voting for that first figure model lol.

Congrats to all, well deserved indeed !

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn Gilbertson

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 04, 2017, 08:18:23 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 04, 2017, 07:07:09 AM
Quote from: Glenn Gilbertson on July 03, 2017, 11:28:14 AM

Can't put it any better. Alas, missed voting while away in the Arctic -

Sounds intriguing

I find myself questioning Glenn's dedication to the hobby if he thinks that this is a sufficient excuse for not voting for the Whiffies! :angry:

;)

I confess my backsliding weakness and throw myself on the mercy of my comrades. Instead of modelling in a nice, warm room I was freezing my proverbials off travelling North St Petersburg - Petrozavodsk-Rabocheostrovsk-Solovetsky island-Kem-Murmansk-Kirkenes-Honningsvag-Knivskjellodden-Alta-Tromso. Midsummer Day 20k yomp to the most northerly point of mainland Europe in snow, wind & rain was challenging for us oldies. At least it was just above freezing.
Museum of the Northern Fleet in Murmansk had Soviet-era guide (only Russian-speaking) who was so dire that i had to come on as sub to describe the British connections to our party. In contrast the Tirpitz museum in Alta was excellent; the enthusiastic Erik could not wait to show off his models (is everyone up for a 1/32 scale Tirpitz?), Johnny Walker mine & Tallboy bomb crater.
Have seen about the Photobucket problems so have created my first Flickr album, geared to this forum - hope it works and you find something interesting:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/60438667@N02/albums

tc2324

Fantastic set of photo`s Glen, thanks for sharing.  :thumbsup:

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

Thank you all for the thank you`s.  :thumbsup:

At the end of the day this is all down to you guys, (and girls??), and I`m just the custodian of the Whiffie awards, (Phil`s still honorary chairman... ;))  arranging the polls and announcing the winners.

As I say pretty much every year, this is a little bit of fun for all of you and could not be done if it wasn`t for all of you so keep it up.

tc

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Dizzyfugu

Thank you very much for the enthusiasm!  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: tc2324 on July 07, 2017, 01:27:43 AM

Absolutely  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Been to St Petersburg, fascinating city. Farthest North I've been is to the Far North of Finland but that was business. Someone built a stainless steel plant up there, bloody freezing so you were glad for the Arcs  ;)

Farthest North on holidays would have been Anchorage ; I think
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Rheged

Quote from: tc2324 on July 07, 2017, 01:27:43 AM

Agreed, I think that these piccies can be used as a "Get out of gaol free"  card if formally charged with non-voting.

And I add my thanks to everyone elses for the work of tc2324 in  keeping the academy in order.  Might I suggest that now might be a good time for you to have a brisk lie-down with appropriate quantities of sustaining/revitalising liquid to hand.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Austanker

woops sorry I was in the dunny and missed the whole lot thanks for the nomination and award - awesome  :thumbsup:

philp

Congrats to all the winners and especially to c2324 for continuing this tradition that I started all those years ago.

Looking forward to next years batch.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies