Gnats in Portugal

Started by DogfighterZen, May 30, 2017, 07:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strobez

I have no problem at all adding this to the completed builds.  It's a beauty.  Also, I agree that in the future I'm not going to rush my results either.  While there was a lot of adrenaline pumping as I tried to add a few touch ups at the 11th hour and very nearly spoiled the whole thing with a rushed masking job.  I also rushed the paint job.  I had a very nice pre-shaded panel lines bit going, but because of the rush job, I kept having to "touch it up" to cover up a scrape mark or whatnot.  Masking a 4 hour old paint job to do the wheel wells nearly gave me a heart-attack.

It was a bit frustrating to say the least, and when my wife asked what was wrong I said "It's a 1-week competition" and her response was "to see who can swear the most in one week?"

I'm not sure I can correct her on that one...  :rolleyes:
Thanks!

Greg

NARSES2

Really has come out well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: strobez on June 05, 2017, 08:18:26 AM
I have no problem at all adding this to the completed builds.  It's a beauty.  Also, I agree that in the future I'm not going to rush my results either.  While there was a lot of adrenaline pumping as I tried to add a few touch ups at the 11th hour and very nearly spoiled the whole thing with a rushed masking job.  I also rushed the paint job.  I had a very nice pre-shaded panel lines bit going, but because of the rush job, I kept having to "touch it up" to cover up a scrape mark or whatnot.  Masking a 4 hour old paint job to do the wheel wells nearly gave me a heart-attack.

It was a bit frustrating to say the least, and when my wife asked what was wrong I said "It's a 1-week competition" and her response was "to see who can swear the most in one week?"

I'm not sure I can correct her on that one...  :rolleyes:
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 05, 2017, 08:23:32 AM
Really has come out well  :thumbsup:

Thank you, Narses2 and Strobez! :thumbsup: I've had that happen too many times now, scrapping and scratching a recent paint job... :banghead: that's why i try to paint wheel wells before and cover them for the scheme. And i'v also lost a panel line pre-shading job that was coming out ok, kept touching up til the shades were gone... :rolleyes:
And i believe your wife got pretty close... ;D

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

No swearing from me so next year I need to try something more involved.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on June 06, 2017, 04:20:39 AM
No swearing from me so next year I need to try something more involved.

;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Great job on this one ! Ambitious finish for a 1-weeker to be sure !

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Thank you, Captain! :drink:
Yes, indeed it was. I finished the F/A-16W on Monday, 29th and started this the day after. I thought i was going to give it my best but in reality, didn't think i'd finish it in time... but i did push the deadline a bit... :rolleyes:
At first, i thought of building a trainer, totally white, with the PoAF markings of a normal trainer for it's time line, then i thought of giving it a bit of color with some orange like the RAF's scheme but i'm not really a fan of that scheme so i thought "what about an air show scheme?"
I looked at the scheme currently used on the "Asas de Portugal" Alpha jet, but that is way more complicated, and would be too modern for the Gnat, which would've been bought instead of the T-37C that was used in the 70's, when they formed the Asas team.
Although not sure if i could do it, the scheme painted on the Tweety looked like something i could pull off, even if i didn't make the deadline...
I'm satisfied with the result, the scheme type and colors were a first for me, even more so because it was a very fun kit to build.

:cheers: