F-37 "Thunderbolt" aka the American Viggen

Started by CallSignOWL, April 13, 2017, 05:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallSignOWL

I cant remember the base kit, might have been an old minicraft/hasegawa boxing, but here is a 1/72 scale Viggen (with some modifications!) in hypothetical USAF markings.

comments are always appreciated! :)

ChernayaAkula

Gotta love the Viggen!  :wub: Really cool camo scheme!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

kerick

Nice take on the Keith Ferris camo pattern. I like it!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

I like it too, very cool scheme! And i also like the CFTs, IMO they don't break up the Viggen's lines too much. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

comrade harps

Real nice.  :wub:

Unusual to see a heavily modified Viggen and it is truly inspirational.  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

Snowtrooper

Lovely! :wub:

The all-moving canard is also a nice but subtle modification :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

Interesting; the splinter scheme looks good in this case, and the conformal tanks/pallets are a neat idea, too - looks very good. Beefy!  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Very nice.  And you kept my favourite thing about the Viggen - the tandem main wheels.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Jesse220

Not a bad Idea. If we had one of their Viggen jet, we would halved developed one of our own.

Glenn Gilbertson

CallSignOWL

THANKS ALL!!

Im glad you like my crazy model  :)

sandiego89

Great job Owl!  Agree the conformal tanks look superb.  She would also look great in USAF air defense colors- with a touch of Arctic high viz orange. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

KiwiZac

Nice work! The CFTs are an inspired touch!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est