#4 DONE +++ T-34-122/T-34G, Battle of Kursk, 1943

Started by Dizzyfugu, March 12, 2017, 01:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on March 22, 2017, 02:16:39 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 20, 2017, 07:23:21 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 19, 2017, 08:49:40 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 19, 2017, 06:51:06 AM

You could see it as being a field workshop conversion, almost.

So long as they had a BIG crane to lift that monster turret!  :o

Use a pulley system with lots of chains and a tank pulling them ? You're the engineer I'm just the stats man  ;)

Might be easier to secure the turret and lower the tank... :blink:

I did think of that. Digging a hole for the tank to drive into, then lowering the turret, but I thought it was a bit silly  :mellow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JasonW

A tracked thingy! Well done sir! As a former tank crewman, this really makes my day! Love a good tank build.

I have this resin set as well. My set came with a pair of these 1/72 turrets, one with the vertical walls and the one with the sloped turret walls. Great little resin set. 

Excellent job on the build.
It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

- George Burns

Dizzyfugu

Thank you, and, yes, Sharkit seems to offer the 122mm turret(s) as a combo pack these days - AFAIK, they were (a cast and a welded model) sold seperately, and that's one of the turrets/sets I got - actually from a seller in Portugal. The material is a bit weird, though. If that's actually resin, I wonder about the components?

chrisonord

Very nice Dizzy, I have just bought the Armourfast kits of the T-34 with the intention of changing them. LOTS. Yours really do not remotely look like they are snap together kits, they are that good.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!