#4 DONE +++ T-34-122/T-34G, Battle of Kursk, 1943

Started by Dizzyfugu, March 12, 2017, 01:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I don't think I'd want to argue over anything with one of them:o

Nice piece of work there Thomas.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

You make it look so easy ! Love the look of this one. Some pics are very realistic, like the first b&w one. Wow. Great stuff.

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Thank you very much. Well, the BW pics are in so far great because they easily blend together the kit and the scenery around. And the effects/filters certainly help to hide flaws...  :rolleyes: And for a snap-fit kit the Zvezda T-34 is a very good offering, on par with the contemporary Academy snap-fit kits like the T-50 Golden Eagle I built/converted some weeks ago. Glad you like it, though, it's a pretty simple piece of work.

NARSES2

That's come out really well.

You could see it as being a field workshop conversion, almost.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 19, 2017, 06:51:06 AM

So long as they had a BIG crane to lift that monster turret!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Thank you. But I thought so, too, since there were some interesting Soviet tank designs with whif potential. The T-34 is a conservative choice, though.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 19, 2017, 08:49:40 AM

Use a pulley system with lots of chains and a tank pulling them ? You're the engineer I'm just the stats man  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Dizzy read these comments and probably already has a dio finished with the turret being raised and lowered  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Dioramas take up too much space...  ;) But concerning cranes: German field engineers frequently had transportable portal cranes (a so-called Bockkran) at their disposal. Without them, engine swaps or turret replacements would have hardly been possible. But I doubt that the Soviet Army was that well-prepared?

DogfighterZen

What a beast... although i'm not a tank guy myself, i do think your tank builds really look the part in the pics and besides, your stories are always interesting to read! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

Thank you. The stories are part of the whole thing, just as the pictures. I found that the background info is inspiring for my work, and it helps "selling" the whif model - I try to build with some concept, and the story structures thoughts and "explains" what's to see in the pics. Helps also with setup choices for the backgrounds in the pics. That's not always spectacular - but in some cases, like the BW pics for this T-34G, the results are pretty conclusive if not convincing.  ;)

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 20, 2017, 07:23:21 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 19, 2017, 08:49:40 AM

Use a pulley system with lots of chains and a tank pulling them ? You're the engineer I'm just the stats man  ;)

Might be easier to secure the turret and lower the tank... :blink:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..