Lend-Don't Expect Back De Havilland Hornet

Started by Librarian, January 30, 2017, 11:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Not really one for back stories but let's just say that the GPW went into extra time and ended on penalties (with a lot of red cards all round). Late 1945 and the VVS take delivery of a batch of Hornets. Delivered unpainted, they are quickly camouflaged in late-war blue-grays and sent onto the pitch:

PR19_Kit

The delivery flight scheme would look good, but think of all that wood grain to paint accurately.....  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 30, 2017, 11:57:40 AM
The delivery flight scheme would look good, but think of all that wood grain to paint accurately.....  ;D ;)

You can get masques for that to spraypaint them, nowadays, Kit.   They're meant for WW1 aircraft but hey, if it works for them, it'll work for a DH Hornet in the GPW!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Surely they'd prime the woodwork before it left the workshop.  Good old fashioned pink primer would look the part... ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

I've always liked the fact that in most cases the Soviets put the planes into service without changing their delivery schemes. Maybe the British start painting Soviet camos pre-delivery with RAF colours...medium sea gray and ocean gray are quite close to uppercamos on late war Soviet aircraft/fighters...its the underside blue that could be difficult...maybe PRU or azure blue ;D. Plenty of time to mull it over.....

Librarian

This one is going back in its box...spent days just staring at it until I came to the inevitable conclusion I've no enthusiasm whatsoever for it. New build started instead.