ISO: Hasegawa T 37 Tweet "Willie"

Started by TheChronicOne, September 05, 2016, 11:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

This here:

I'm in the U.S. if that helps any. I used to watch these fly over head all the time, every day pretty much, for years. Good memories and all that. Thanks!

Also looking for the Sword T38.  (SW48004)
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

For the Sword T-38 I was going to say Wset Coast Hobbies, but I didn't see it on their site. Maybe drop him an email.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Looking to do some trading or if someone has a million of em and will spare me one really cheap. I've hit financial problems suddenly and there goes my model buying...   :-\

Thanks for the tip, though! I'm going to go window shop and have a look around.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Whats the difference between a T-37 and an A-37?
Both Academy and Hasegawa (and i'm sure others) do a 1/72 A-37.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Yup. With good hack 'em up skills it can be done. I found a build here on the internet once where someone did just that as they were having a hard time finding one. Things that I know of, involve a ridge of sorts on the nose, a big hump just aft of the cockpit, the tip tanks, etc. I'm just not good enough to do all the modifications. Also, I want very specific markings from the Air Force base 50 miles south of here. They flew the T 37s and I want mine to look exactly like those. This "Willie" kit is dead on what I want. Proper markings to the letter for Sheppard Air Force Base and whatever flight training wing (group?) it is.

Same story on the T 38!  The kit comes with the markings I need and I think it's more accurate than the Fujimi one I already have. Although.. just look at this... this box is pure beauty:

But anyway, like I said, I've read that the Fujimi kit is just a redressed F5 and the Sword is closer in accuracy and just happens to come with the right decals. I'd just buy decals for the T 38 I already have, buuuut....   If I'm going to do all that, I may as well spring for the more accurate kit.

Back to the T-37s: I see them from time to time on ebay for an almost reasonable price but I'd still have to buy an aftermarket decal sheet and having ran the numbers on what it would cost decided I'd just be patient and wait for the Hasegawa Willie to come back around.  I kick myself because I had the chance to win one on Ebay for a good price but I flubbed up the bidding and lost it. It went for ust over $24 if I remember right.  SIGH..  lol 

But anyway... the T 37 is my "White Whale." 
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

The T-38 box IS good.

From memory the ridge/pipe down the nose of the Academy A-37 is a separate part but there would be all the other lumps and bumps and the decals issue.

Good luck on the hunt. IME most of what you want eventually turns up or is reissued (except that 1/72 Bandai YS-11 - my White Whale).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Thanks, bud!!  You're right... I'll get ahold of one eventually and the prolonged wait will make it all the more sweeter. BESIDES, this way, I get to hone my skills before I take it on.   :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Librarian

One here at reasonable price:

www.kingkit.co.uk/plastic-model-kit-hasegawa-1-72-sp37-t-37b-willie-82nd-ftw-22246.html

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Librarian on September 08, 2016, 01:56:02 PM
One here at reasonable price:

www.kingkit.co.uk/plastic-model-kit-hasegawa-1-72-sp37-t-37b-willie-82nd-ftw-22246.html

MY HERO!   Only one left and I SNAGGED it.  :D   I hope it gets here, soon.

Side note: cursed US dollar only worth about 3/4 of British Pound.  LOL

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Oh man, I'm so happy. I had $35 in my account and it came to just over $27. Very reasonable for over seas shipping and how hard it seems to be to find this.. .. ... ..     

Meanwhile, just one left to go (the Sword T 38)then it's back to trying to snag a Decent 1/72 or 1/144 C-5 Galaxy.  :D

Thank you, Librarian!   
-Sprues McDuck-

Librarian

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on September 08, 2016, 02:19:25 PM

then it's back to trying to snag a Decent 1/72 or 1/144 C-5 Galaxy.  :D

You'll be lucky!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 08, 2016, 03:42:05 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on September 08, 2016, 02:19:25 PM

then it's back to trying to snag a Decent 1/72 or 1/144 C-5 Galaxy.  :D

You'll be lucky!  :o

No kiddin! At this point I'm basically relying on folks cleaning out stashes that don't quite know what they have or don't care. I've gotten lucky this way once or twice and snagged some rare kits for mega cheap. One notable score involving TWO Pegasus 10th Anniversary Fokker D.23. The saving grace was that the cover photo for the auction place was of a sprue that was about 80% empty. Not much interest in that auction perhaps because of that.  Some people just skip over stuff sometimes and ya get lucky. Those two came with 6 other kits and I got them for a right steal.

EDIT: Changed my wording to clarify and trying not to sound like a braggart.
-Sprues McDuck-